I want to buy a generator (planta) 5k.

D

diane pellerin

Please let me know where I can buy a generator to run 2 refrigerators and the rest of the house. I am in Puerto Plata.
Thank you!

H

hillbilly

Here is a possibility.

Go to Ferreteria Bordas. Talk to the young Mr. Bordas.
tell him I sent you (email me for real name). Remind him that he sold me a great generator (5.5 Denyo) nearly 10 years ago and it still is working great.
It was funny, but I got a better deal in POP than in Santiago...But that was because I also fixed his golf clubs...LOL!
But they do give good sevice and have good prices.
Be aware that you should be sure to have heavy lines from the generator to the house (#8 at least) so that the current drop will still run the two fridges.

HB

C

Carlos

it depends on how much you wanna pay.........if the price don`t matter to you i will suggest to buy trace inverters,i have two gen. and will upgrade to inverters because of cost of the gas......belive me an inverter will save you lots of pain

H

hillbilly

Hey, Carlos, that reminded me of an old string

A good while ago we had a lively chat about this and Noelle of Sofy's B&B swore by her inverter. Absolutely raved about how she got thru the power outages after Georges hurricane for 36 hours with all her equipment-especially the fridges-running.
I always advocate small diesel generators if possible but the 6.5 Kubota is about 80,000 and so is the Denyo diesel.

Perhaps she should do a archive search?

HB

K

Keith

I'm with you HB, but try this...

I've finally got an excellent system: an inverter AND a diesel generator. I started with a used diesel generator, and after saving money little by little, bought a inverter. Now, I can use the inverter during the day and low-use times, using the generator to charge the inverter if necessary and power higher consumption items. I end up using the inverter more than the diesel generator, which not only saves fuel but it has added another level of comfort by having constant access to electricity. Before I would hesitate to crank up the generator to just to use the computer, watch tv, listen to the radio, etc. So far, I have been very pleased with this setup as it provides me with a semblance of electrical autonomy, and more importantly, the presidente's always cold!