sending letters

Ct friend

Oct 11, 2011
Can you tell me the best way to send letters to my boyfriend in the countryside? He lives
on the northern side of the DR. I have tried to send letters to the address he gave me,
but he never received them. I'm going to apply for a fiance visa & wanted to send letters to him.

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
To send general love letters, use Email. For documents use a courier and send them to be signed for, it will get expensive. If he is not getting the letters you send this is normal. You need to use a courier so he can collect from the depot if he is not there, or they can't find the address, which is also not uncommon.
My wife sends mail to her mother but uses the address of the local Colmado her friend owns as her address does not actually exist officially, like many many other addresses.

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Too Busy

Can you tell me the best way to send letters to my boyfriend in the countryside?
In many places mail is not delivered but kept at the local (nearest) post office (if it gets there).
Maybe your boyfriend could send his sons there to collect all those (love ?) letters.
He himself might be too busy... :cheeky:

donP

Ct friend

Oct 11, 2011
That's very helpful, thank you. Are there different courier services, if so who do you recommend?

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Obviously you did not understand the irony of these comments. If you are thinking of marrying this fellow who lives in the countryside of the DR and taking him to Canada, most people here will question your judgment. For that I apologize. But they are going by thousands of previous posts of the same or similar nature.

Just think a bit.

HB

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Obviously you did not understand the irony of these comments. If you are thinking of marrying this fellow who lives in the countryside of the DR and taking him to Canada, most people here will question your judgment. For that I apologize. But they are going by thousands of previous posts of the same or similar nature.

Just think a bit.

HB

Whya re you assuming she is from Canada darling? We have no fiancee visa here ;) {Sorry, saw Ca rather than Ct...making her all the more.....oh well, one of my New Year's Resolutions was not to get into these idiotic tussles...good call Anna darlin' }

Last edited by a moderator:

Ct friend

Oct 11, 2011
Well your right of course, & it would not be the first time I was a fool for love, if this all goes bad. On the other hand, what's life without risk? In 3 years he has only shown himself to be an honest hard working, compassionate father, son, & boyfriend. I'VE known too many men in the states who although they have everything .... they are selfish lying bas#@%#$! So what's a girl to do? I think i'll bet the underdog & hope for the best
I do appreciate your concern though,thanks & keep up the good work