Any tips for mom in SD?

cocoamama

Sep 6, 2011
We recently moved to SD and I'm looking for some tips about navigating the city with a baby. We are near the Piantini (Acropolis) area. Is it necessary to have a car or driver here? We only have 1 car here, which my husband uses for work, so my preferred method of traveling is to walk - but I don't want to make myself a target walking around each day if that isn't the norm. Thanks for your help!

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
Walking is good, if you have a pram the pavements are terrible so expect to do a lot of carrying. Find a reliable taxi, use him for a few weeks regularly, then start working the price so you are paying less for regular use. When we lived in the central Cap we found a guy who would run us anywhere for 100pesos, we did use him every day, sometimes twice a day, but if you can strike up with a good guy it is a good saving once he knows he is the only one for you.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Most things are within walking distance from Piantini but the traffic and the state of the pavements (sidewalks) does not make for a safe, pleasant or healthy experience.