I would like to Visit The Amber Mines of Jarabacoa...Travel Tips Please

peethom

Jan 27, 2012
I am preparing to take a business trip to Jarabocoa in hopes of purchasing some Amber. Can anyone give me some traveling tips to visit the mines? What is the required mode of transportation? Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I do not think there are any ambar mines in Jarabacoa, are there? THe ones I know about are in the Cordillera Septentrional, between Santiago and Puerto Plata. And yes, you can buy some ambar there if you know the prices and how it is done. Otherwise I would suggest you talk to the major buyers in Puerto Plata...

HB

May 29, 2006
I bought amber on a trip about 10 years ago and did well with it. Back then I got it for US$1/gram for finished pieces. I pretty much tripled what I spent within a week after getting back selling it retail. Unfortunately, I didn't do as well buying larimar, so it ended up being a wash.

I've also seen amber in the duty-free shops which seemed to me to be from Europe in that they were green and other colors that I did not see from local vendors.

Abuela

Bronze
May 13, 2006
I do not think there are any ambar mines in Jarabacoa, are there? THe ones I know about are in the Cordillera Septentrional, between Santiago and Puerto Plata. And yes, you can buy some ambar there if you know the prices and how it is done. Otherwise I would suggest you talk to the major buyers in Puerto Plata...

HB
La Cumbre is the location, here's a video:
Amber Mine trip Dominican Republic mz compl - YouTube

TheExpert

Sep 13, 2011
www.dreamridelimousines.com.au
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:punctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> Hey, I have not planned for Jarabocoa trip until now. However, I am also looking for some good option for Amber purchasing. Can you please provide me some good option?