Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My introduction!

Post Thanks / Like

Default My introduction!

Hi everyone,
    I joined the forum when I bought my ticket to the DR in October after a guy who works at my hair salon suggested it. I am from Atlanta, GA. (So if you are ever coming to Atlanta, holla at me
    ) I was raised in Decatur, Ga. I am a wife and mother of two. I own my own business working with children I am an intermediate spanish speaker. My parents are from the West Indies (Trinidad). I have been to Trinidad, Toronto, England, New York, Miami, FL and I will be going to Vegas, Belize and Jamaica later this year. I believe in living life to the fullest and having fun and being happy with your life choices.
    I really enjoy karaoke, dancing, reading, hanging out at the park, eating new foods, and traveling. I would love to learn how to speak Russian, French and Italian too.
    I am 28.
    Last edited by Hlywud; 01-29-2012 at 05:57 PM. Reason: link removed, no advertising on DR1 without a purchased ad.

2. Likes Expat-in-Cabarete liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

My son works at Fort Benning in Columbus. I go there to visit every now and then.

Gary...er Captboink

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to DR1. You coming alone or with the family?

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to DR1, JameelahAtl ! Hope you enjoy the site as well as your visit to the DR.

6. Likes JameelahAtl liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow, Marianopolita must have clicked on "dislike" instead of "like" the OP's introduction post.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

When you come to the DR you may want to stock up on Dominican hair products. I hear rave reviews about Baba de Caracol for Black women. The name means "snail spit/snot" of all things, so it REALLY has to be good. You can buy it in the US but it's prob much more expensive.
    Last edited by Hlywud; 01-29-2012 at 05:58 PM. Reason: same thing as OP, no advertising

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PeterInBrat View Post
    When you come to the DR you may want to stock up on Dominican hair products. I hear rave reviews about Baba de Caracol for Black women. The name means "snail spit/snot" of all things, so it REALLY has to be good. You can buy it in the US but it's prob much more expensive.
    I highly recommend Baba de Caracol, I take a teaspoon of this potion whenever I am constipated and it cleans you right out, I like to stock up on it during the summer, as it is tough to find in the off season.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Expat-in-Cabarete View Post
    Wow, Marianopolita must have clicked on "dislike" instead of "like" the OP's introduction post.

Yes, totally. I did not see that until I read your post. The pointing arrow on my mouse pad must have been right on that button because I had two windows open and not reading the thread at the time or the post. My apologies to the OP. This is one of the negative aspects of like/ dislike system. Nothing can be reversed.

-MP.

Leer es crecer
    Moderator Spanish Forum
    www.DR1.com

11. Likes JameelahAtl liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

How much does that stuff cost in the DR? It's $9/pound in the US at Amazon.

Post Thanks / Like

Wait, I'm confused. This Baba De Caracol is for hair or for diarrhea?! And I will be traveling solo! I'm very excited. February 1st baby!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast