I Need Someone To Bake a Lemon Meringue Pie in Sosua!

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
you had me mouthwathering, until you mentioned the ketchup...

French fries go with homemade mayo!!!

Nice initiative though...

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007

Thanks my friend.

Now I have to make a cheese steak sandwhich from the veal!

The real offer stands!

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
I was thinking they only serve Mayo with fries in the Netherlands and Belgium, then I looked at your posting name.....
Now I get it....lol

B in Santiago

There is no such thing as "French" fries. They originated in Belgium, and we are the only ones who really know how to make them. By the way, forget the Dutch.. their mayo is horrible, and their fries even worse.. lol

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
There is no such thing as "French" fries. They originated in Belgium, and we are the only ones who really know how to make them. By the way, forget the Dutch.. their mayo is horrible, and their fries even worse.. lol

Never had Belgium fries, need to try them someday......lol
NEVER EVER WITH MAYO........HEINZ RULES

B in Santiago

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
Never had Belgium fries, need to try them someday......lol
NEVER EVER WITH MAYO........HEINZ RULES

B in Santiago

Way To Go !...My Offer Stands

As The Yellow Lemons, Veal, Corned Beef, NATHAN'S FAMOUS HOT DOGS are now available!

Famous Amos Chocolate Chip cookies are here as well.

See what happens when they start paving the roads !

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
Why did the Like button do that....didn't want a dislike......Sorry Mike, maybe a Mod can remove...where are you Bronxboy

May 29, 2006
Wondering if anyone has ever tried to sell poutine in the DR...

Lemon squares are much easier than a meringue.

Ah those Fries. Don't get me started on Fries, I've eaten some excellent ones in Brussels. I prefer them with mayo, but they're delicious with a Dijon mustard (especially the Amora brand). It is only 9.30am, so why get me started on thinking about food? I am dreaming of a sandwich (with a baguette please) made of grilled meat aromatized with coriander and onions, green olives, a bit of harissa (hot chili sauce), tomatoes and fries with a lot of Dijon Mustard. Miam! Heaven! Now, why do I read mike l's post at this hour when I know with certainty he will be talking about food? :)

As for poutine, yes it is good, but excellent at 3.00am once bars have closed. All you need are some good cheese curds to make it and a good recipe for the sauce.

jeddom

Nov 13, 2011
Wondering if anyone has ever tried to sell poutine in the DR...

Lemon squares are much easier than a meringue.

Kahunas have imported cheese curds and sauce from Quebec for the real deal Poutine, expensive but is the best I have ever tasted.

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
Now that lemons are available in the area, I can bring Poutine sauce.

I am sure there are many that would like poutine sauce but lemons are not available in the area but I have had a run of good luck with people bringing them as I always pay a premium for receiving them

May 5, 2007

You don't really put that gooey egg mixture on your fries do you? Vinegar only (on my Freedom Fries that is, not sure what "French fries" are ) :D

And that lemon pie would be delightful with a bit of whipped cream, maybe a little cherries dribbled on the side

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
You don't really put that gooey egg mixture on your fries do you? Vinegar only (on my Freedom Fries that is, not sure what "French fries" are ) :D

And that lemon pie would be delightful with a bit of whipped cream, maybe a little cherries dribbled on the side

I think Freedom Fries experienced the same death as Coke NEW or lemon Coke and Guantanimo Bay Fries!

And fresh cherries would be great !

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
I like them with 'oorlog' sauce...mayonnaise and peanut :)

That is a Dutch invention, and yes, I have to credit them for that one.

The one you described is the original "patat oorlog", but a lot of places in Holland now make it with mayo, ketchup and onion. Not the same at all.