Noise from small truck advertizing CMP.

Thegreenguy

Dec 12, 2011
CMP has decided that no one in Sosua should have any rest from all the noise pollution that is around this town. They need to keep the truck in and around Pedro Clisante where all the group who are into that type of club hang around and stop touring the whole of Sosua. It's time the Major of Sosua put at stop to this bombardment and harassment that people are getting in their own homes. Not to mention that all the kids hear this which must give them a good insight into what sort of town they live in when that's all they hear around the place. The best advertising is by word of mouth which is always the best way and cheaper. If asked which place to go to for that sort of club, I always send them to the other place that never makes a song and dance about it and keeps it all lowkey. "We all know it happens, but we all don't need to know about it"

hammerdown

Bronze
Apr 29, 2005
This is a proven way of advertising in the DR........if you think that is loud, just wait till they start up for the election....

Viajero

Bronze
Dec 16, 2011
This is a proven way of advertising in the DR........if you think that is loud, just wait till they start up for the election....

True, as evidenced by fruit trucks and everyone else, especially in Charamicos. In other similar countries like Puerto Rico, for instance, this is part of the culture, especially around the elections. I think sometimes there might be a notion for foreigners in Sosua to forget they are still in the DR, lol.

Seamonkey

Bronze
Oct 6, 2009
CMP has decided that no one in Sosua should have any rest from all the noise pollution that is around this town. They need to keep the truck in and around Pedro Clisante where all the group who are into that type of club hang around and stop touring the whole of Sosua. It's time the Major of Sosua put at stop to this bombardment and harassment that people are getting in their own homes. Not to mention that all the kids hear this which must give them a good insight into what sort of town they live in when that's all they hear around the place. The best advertising is by word of mouth which is always the best way and cheaper. If asked which place to go to for that sort of club, I always send them to the other place that never makes a song and dance about it and keeps it all lowkey. "We all know it happens, but we all don't need to know about it"

If you had a business you too would be looking at all avenues to get people in your door. Word of mouth is not the best type advertising in this town....all advertising methods here are very difficult.

Uzin

Bronze
Oct 26, 2005
I agree with one part of OP's complaint, target audience - election is one thing but CMP advertising another.

I recommend they take some leaflets to the POP airport arrivals and hand them out to all single men arriving (or couples for that matter - they are very open-minded these days ! LOL). It would have far better result than load-speakers in all corners of town...

(BTW, the idea above is patented and copy-righted, use only with my specific permission... !?)

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
Doms don't notice loud, so don't expect change. You live in a tourist puta town with lots of competition, what do you expect, this is dom advertizing.

expatsooner

Bronze
Aug 7, 2004
I used to hate elections - ssoooooo loud. Any expat that lives in an urban setting in the DR is going to have to come to terms with noise pollution at some time - there is no getting around the fact that life in the cities there is LOUD. Some places are quieter than others but noise will always be a factor of life.

bdablack

Jun 30, 2011
The government does not put enough money into education and this loud noise only adds to the dumbing down of the intelligence quotient in DR. It is difficult to make people understand that all cultural things, are not good for them. This cultural behaviour only reinforces why foreigners should consider DR as a playground and not a place to conduct serious business. It is difficult to understand how Dominicans expect their children to study in this type of environment. This type of behaviour should be outlawed as DR need to produce super intelligent children, who will be able to pull their country out of it's third world status. There is no way anyone can learn in an environment where noise pollution is accepted.
But who am I! Just a stupid foreigner who goes to DR for some fun but would never make a serious investment there. Mainly because this is one of the most destructive behaviours of the society.
Some may say that it is not this way in all the neighbourhoods. That maybe true but the behaviour is so pervasive, that I find the DR can only be taken in small doses.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
The government does not put enough money into education and this loud noise only adds to the dumbing down of the intelligence quotient in DR. It is difficult to make people understand that all cultural things, are not good for them. This cultural behaviour only reinforces why foreigners should consider DR as a playground and not a place to conduct serious business. It is difficult to understand how Dominicans expect their children to study in this type of environment. This type of behaviour should be outlawed as DR need to produce super intelligent children, who will be able to pull their country out of it's third world status. There is no way anyone can learn in an environment where noise pollution is accepted.
But who am I! Just a stupid foreigner who goes to DR for some fun but would never make a serious investment there. Mainly because this is one of the most destructive behaviours of the society.
Some may say that it is not this way in all the neighbourhoods. That maybe true but the behaviour is so pervasive, that I find the DR can only be taken in small doses.

there is a study that shows that no Nobel Prize winner ever grew up in a noisy environment. the DR has got to be, hands down, the noisiest place on earth. people LOVE noise. i see guys take their motorcycles to the muffler shop, to cut out the baffles. this way, the thing emits 150 decibels, as he rides. every place of business has some horrific audio producing machine, playing bachata, from dusk , till dawn. six guys will park beside each other, and they will all open their liftgates, simultaneously, and proceed to bombard the area with cacophonous artillery, all trying to outdo each other. no wonder people all shout here...their hearing is shot. the kids cannot learn anything, because chronic , and acute, noises, have impaired their perceptibility. sad, but true.

bdablack

Jun 30, 2011
Dear Xamaicano, the issue is I am not trying to to fix the problem. I am a believer in asking the lord to help me to know the things I cannot change, change the things I can and having the wisdom to know the difference. I have no desire to change the way these people live their lives. Noise pollution is their cultural choice. Notice I said that I could only take it in small doses. I am commenting in/on the forum not trying to get the Dominican to change their lifestyle.
I would no sooner do that than tell the women to look for a serious relationship before they have children for worthless men.

Vinyasa

Bronze
Dec 22, 2010
www.kieranbarry.com
While we are on the issue of noise, what gets my goat is the trucks going past my house 53 times a day looking for scrap metal ...and quite possibly looking for other 'opportunities' whilst they are there

Leaves me longing for the comfort of a sniper's rifle

Reidy620

Bronze
Mar 30, 2008
www.casaellie.com
While we are on the issue of noise, what gets my goat is the trucks going past my house 53 times a day looking for scrap metal ...and quite possibly looking for other 'opportunities' whilst they are there

Leaves me longing for the comfort of a sniper's rifle
I used to run out of our apartment, mouth watering, flip-flops flying and pesos in hand when I heard these chaps coming down the street. Only to find out I was confusing them with the fruit sellers who, to me, sounds exactly the same over the microphone!!
:)
Tropical Regards
Ian & Ellie
anpalmisl.gif