Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Cabarete or Las Terreanas

If it were you, what place would you choose to settle down between Cabarete and Las Terrenas? And for what reasons?

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Las Terrenas is too remote and I don't speak French any more after 35 years of not using it.

I do live in Cabarete and chose it because I like the location. Close to an airport that flies to the US.
    Close to Puerto Plata also possible to make a day trip to the major city of Santiago.

3. Likes jad604 liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Cabrera. Close enuf to major tourist places and airports. 2 hours to SD by new toll highway. Quiet and safe.

5. Likes PeterInBrat liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

It depends on what kind of person you are. Cabarete can be busy or quiet. The availabilty of markets and other things you need is greater. Bigger english speaking com.. Don't need a car to live. Closer to Hosp.. Both are good. We decided to live here.

7. Likes PeterInBrat liked this post
    Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

LT is booming - a rising star in tourist destinations.
    More natural and unspoilt.
    Markets are great in LT huge variety.
    International airport nearby - flights to much of Europe.
    Exclusive locations for condos, villas etc.
    Good Dominican culture - but also multi national France, German etc.
    Superior higher class hotels.
    Roads are safer and easier.
    Huge variety of developments.
    Reaching for a top place in international tourism.
    Better weather.
    Restaurants etc. with excellent beacside ambience.
    Building limits have and will prevent urbanistaion.
    Country walks are better.
    etc.etc.

pi2

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

And whats your opinion about Sosua?

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

There is no choice but Las Terrenas. Here there are some of the best beaches in the DR. There are also restaurants which for the most part are better than in Santo Domingo. You will find authentic French, Italian and German food. Also, French, Spanish, English and Italian are widely spoken. The town of Las Terrenas is spread out and offers all types of services and goods, a lot of which you will not find in other parts of the DR. Las Terrenas is casual but with a touch of European flair. You also have a very large choice of accommodations and housing, diving, surfing, hiking and biking are among the many options.

S

11. Likes Africaida liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

All of our guests who have been to Cabarete and Las Terrenas say, "Las Terrenas..hands down". My opinion is to settle in the hills and not too close to the beach if you prefer tranquility but if you like to be able to walk to town and restaurants look into the Playa Ballenas area.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm about to get crucified here.

Choose Cabarete, hands down, better in every respect except beach remoteness.

1.) Cabarete is the Kite Capitol of the Caribbean. Two international contests are held here each year.
    2.) A lot more supermarkets, food choices, food options within the supermarkets--Playero, Janets, La Sirena..30 minutes away and bigger in every respect to what's available in Las Terrenas.
    3.) Less French people and Italians smoking you out.
    4.) Closeness to big stores like La Sirena (a smaller version of Walmart, and more like a Target store)
    5.) Cabarete is cleaner than Las Terrenas.
    6.) A lot more good looking girls and guys to look at walking up and down the beach (if your into that).
    7.) a lot more restaurants, with dozens sitting directly on the beach. Las Terrenas has this as well but, nothing as expansive as the beaches that sit in front of the restauarants here in Cabarete.
    8.) Cabarete has a great sushi restaurant (Yakamoto) and a great Tex-Mex (Gorditos) restaurant. hands down better than anything in las Terrenas.
    9.) Nearly every restaurant in Cabarete has free Wi-FI (internet)
    10.) Several nightclubs on the beach (if your into that)
    11.) Better looking working girls (Hookers...if you're into that)
    12.) Better looking guys (Sankies..if you're into that.)
    13.) Better surfing facilities where you can either store or rent surf equipment (Encuentro).
    14.) Better sex (The oxygen levels are higher in Cabarete)
    15.) Better looking people (something in the water promotes a healthier skin glow.)
    16.) Closer to bigger stores and bigger cities...Santiago & Puerto Plata
    17.) Live entertainment on the weekends at pubs and bars.
    18.) better dancers, longer legs...did i mention that Las Terrenas is full of french and italians. terrible dancers!

I got to go now, but i'll finish this later after i get chastised here.

FRank

14. Likes drstock, windeguy, jad604, Eco- liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

I am LT fan , but I don't think I could live there, I would feel too isolated. It is far from everything indeed. And, the reality is that besides the beach, there is not much to do. So Frank has a point. But I am not sure I would pick Cabarete since I am not into if you are not into kitesurfing,nor surfing.

LMAO at 18) so true, excluding me of course

16. Likes frank12 liked this post
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast