Guitar for teenager

Drro

Bronze
Mar 22, 2006
Anyone know of a musical instrument store, or any store, that carries guitars suitable for teenagers? In Puerto Plata or Sosua or Santiago, in that order?

Thanks.

tee

Bronze
Sep 14, 2007
Cabarete
I asked the same question a few weeks ago, alas no response. If you manage to find one please let me know where.
Many thanks.

sonrisa

Dec 23, 2008
On my last DR trip (January 9-19, 2012) I bought a very niice Yamaha classical guitar at La Sirena in Puerto Plata. I've noticed La Sirena has a small selection of guitars in all its stores. The classical guitars ranged in price from 3800 pesos to 5800 pesos for the Yamaha I purchased. Great sound. classical guitar is a good guitar to learn since the neck is wider and the upper G, B and E are made of nylon and easier on learning finers. Since I don't know of other music stores, I'll bring my own strings, capo, music and other musical supplies with me. As for me, I'm having fun learning to play bachata songs. The special ryhthms and Spanish words are Dominicanizing my musical genes. I particularly like to match the melodies, chords, inflections, and pronunciations as displayed on many different Youtube videos.