A Dominican Tale (Tail) of Logic

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
My in-laws living in my other house located next door and within the confines of my security cameras, security system and high concrete block walls, topped with barbed wire and razor wire, just got one of those bark at nothing small dogs.

It seems they are not happy with my dog, who knows when family and friends comes to our homes and starts barking happily even before they reach the gates. He even knows the vehicles of those that visit and notifies us as they are 60-70 feet from the gates.

My dog will not bark if strangers pass by our property, but will bark if they stop/linger outside the walls.

The reasons for the in-laws discontent with my dog is that my dog does not bark when the in-laws THINK they hear something in the yard at night.

Guess I need to re-read my dog training manual. The chapter on telepathic commands.

I have been woken up by the in-laws to investigate several times.

The last time they phoned a neighbor at 1:30 in the morning via cell phone and had the neighbor call our house phone to tell us about a possible intruder.

The in-laws Reason for calling the neighbor via cell phone:
They did not want to use the Intercom between the two houses as the person they THOUGHT might be in the yard would hear the Intercom.

DUH!!!! Ring, Ring went our house phone..........................
If someone was in the yard the Intercom/phone ringing likely would scare them away, and alert my dog even more.

(PS: The phone rings in BOTH houses)

They say they need a dog that will bark when they THINK they hear something, even though nothing is there.

Hmmm, perhaps I can get the in-laws barking lessons.
Telepathic commands to the dog might not be feasible.

My dog barks when strangers are about.
Does anyone know where I can get an imaginary dog to bark at imaginary things? :) lol

Don

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I have 6 dogs now!!!!!
The two big,and one,"Soon-to-be-big" dogs are as you described,they "Know" everyone who is "OK",and their car,as it comes down the street.Any car,or person they don't recognize,they "Eye" until they decide what response is necessary.
Now those three "Chihuhua"esq. dogs alert at "ANYTHING"!
If someone in the family comes down the stairs with "New Clothes" they go "bananas"!
I love them dearly,but if I could find a "Vet" to "Cut their Cords",vocal cords that is,I think I just might!
I would love it if they could only "Huf" at everything!
CC

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
Count yourselves lucky. We have this crazy German lady as a neighbor who likes to take walks at 2 am, with no lights in the street. For some reason she likes to stop in front of our gates, upon which the dogs start to alert us. She then gets angry, and apparently starts to jump up and down like a little child. Upon which the dogs go berserk. ( I know this from our gardener, who lives in a house in the front of the property, and has been truly amazed at the spectacle she makes ).

The next day she comes over and then complains the dogs were barking at 2 am???????

I have an idea, construct an electronic device with a recording of barking dogs, and place the on/off switch in the room of the nervous wrecks. Then they have their barking dogs on command, and when they touch the button- the electronic dogs starts to make noise, and soon after all other dogs starts to join the 0330am consert.

That would make them happy..

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
I have an idea, construct an electronic device with a recording of barking dogs, and place the on/off switch in the room of the nervous wrecks. Then they have their barking dogs on command, and when they touch the button- the electronic dogs starts to make noise, and soon after all other dogs starts to join the 0330am consert.

That would make them happy..

That made me laugh............

I purposely did not put in my post that I also have "REX", the electronic barking dog.

I do not use it here because it will not work through the Concrete Block and Stucco walls.
I did consider putting it in their house so that they could turn it on and let it bark at themselves.

"REX" could be used inside the house to detect motion in case someone did make it inside.
In the dark it would scare the hell out of an intruder.

"REX" is engineered that as you get closer to it, the barking gets louder and more frequent.

Don