Bank ~ ?

JANET/NJ

Jun 21, 2004
Hi Everyone,
is it possible to open a bank account in DR from the US--- like online and just do a money transfer.
if not, what is the most trustworthy bank that i should use in the DR, and will it give me access to it from the US.

thanks in advance for your help:)

Drro

Bronze
Mar 22, 2006
You need to be here in the DR to open an account. However, once open you can access their website and move money between your accounts.

I use two banks here, Banco Santa Cruz and Banco Leon where I have two accounts, one with US Dollars, and a debit card that has pesos on it.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Can you transfer money from a US bank to a DR bank?

Yes, using a wire transfer from the US bank to the DR Bank. The charge is around $40 for most US banks and there is sometimes a smaller charge to accept the transfer at the DR bank

mbgmike

Jan 17, 2012
get the swift number and the instructions from your bank in RD then take that to your bank and say you want to do a international wire transfer. It is fairly complicated. Not hard but many people in bank are not used to doing them. Make sure it is 100% correct and when the transfer is completed make darn sure it says "sent" on the screen or receipt. If it says "pending" it will be pending forever. Make sure it says "Sent" at all times. do not just rely on the bank rep. See it with on eyes.
Most banks after you do a few of these will give you instructions so you can do a re-ocurring(SP?) wire transfer using your telephone. They usually will not volunteer this because it is work for them and they do not want an occasional sender using the system. It requires that you use a code that changes every time to send and only you know. it is mailed to you by snail mail. without it no way it will work. But it saves going to bank. It still costs 40.00 average. and you can only do it by phone during business hours.