New Gym Opening in Sosua

Status
Not open for further replies.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
Sosua has plenty of good gyms. Better off opening a bar-restaurant on the beach if you want to lose money quickly. Really bad idea!

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Sosua has plenty of good gyms. Better off opening a bar-restaurant on the beach if you want to lose money quickly. Really bad idea!

Agreed. The "Copycat" concept is alive and well in the DR. How often do you see this?

Someone has a business that does pretty well. A second person comes along and copies the business a few blocks away. Then a third person does the same as the second.... Beach Bars, Rib joints on the road up to Jarabacoa, Express mail services from Miami, and now Gyms in Sosua. It causes all of the businesses to suffer if there are too many of the same for the demand. There is Coke, there is Pepsi, and there are the bottom feeders. Somebody please open a Trader Joe's.

FritoBandito

Bronze
Dec 19, 2009
Platinum Gym is a decent gym. But, they could have competition if someone one opens up a comparable facility with better
hours.

Sosua needs a gym that is open until at least 6:00 p.m. on Saturdays and is open on Sundays, too.

Platinum is only open to 1:00p.m. on Saturday and closed Sunday.

jackman007

Jan 31, 2012
Thanks Frito Bandito!, Free membership for you! I will be opening the gym in about two weeks with Gods help. I plan on opening every day, saturday until late,and Sunday a few hours maybe 10am - 2 pm more or less. The price will be less than both of the gyms right now in Sosua, and the equipment you can see on the youtube site. Plate loaded, full set of dumbells, cybex, nautilus etc....
The reason it says Santiago now is because I am currently in Santiago and will be transfering the Gym to Sosua. It will be on the main road next to the Ferreteria Luciano on the secound floor. The location is smaller than the other gyms and wont have all of the flash of platinum, but will have good working equipment. Thanks!

jackman007

Jan 31, 2012
The reason it says Santiago now is because I am currently in Santiago and will be transfering the Gym to Sosua. It will be on the main road next to the Ferreteria Luciano on the secound floor. The location is smaller than the other gyms and wont have all of the flash of platinum, but will have good working equipment. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.