Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: motos

Post Thanks / Like

Default motos

i am interested in buying a motocycle of large moped
    i have seen the cg150' and 200's, but have not been able to find information on their preformance, specs
    etc, only have beenable to foind out the prices

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

I think cg 150 and 200 are made in china. I'vent tried them but I heard they have many technical problems... my advice would be to go for real Yamaha, Suzuki or Honda instead of chinese copies...

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

From what I've read here, the most important thing is the availability of parts in the DR, which is much harder with Chinese bikes.

4. Likes frank12 liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Yesss, and I guess you need many

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PeterInBrat View Post
    From what I've read here, the most important thing is the availability of parts in the DR, which is much harder with Chinese bikes.
    With over 90% of the bikes on the road, Chinese, parts availability is no problem.....A 125cc Chinese bike will set you back around 30k pesos and the equivalent Japanese bike will be around 70k pesos. Most Dominicans want Japanese bikes, but can only afford the Chinese. Chinese bikes also rust out much faster too.....

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a chinese 150cc scooter here in the U.S. - although all Chinese bikes are painted with the same brush, some are better than others. If you do some initial service items, it should be fine. Change all original fluids, adjust all controls, tighten with thread lock all bolts (exhaust bolts notoriously loosen and fall off), and change to a good spark plug (although the one I got had a good one in it from the manufacturer). The other two items are a little more complicated... set the valves, and change out the auto choke (notoriously bad). The choke isn't as much a problem in the warm weather though. These are simple machines to work on, there are TONS of sites and tutorials online for DIY, and to be honest, the biggest pain in the you know what is stripping off the plastics to get to the guts. The one I have has sat unused for 8 months and started on second try. Not bad for a cheap-o P.O.S. from China.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

opppsss.. sorry, hit "post" too soon.

Wanted to add, while generally reliable, cheap, and good for some purposes... I'd prefer something with bigger wheels for the roads I've seen in the D.R.

9. Likes frank12 liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

I ride a Ssanyong 125 over here, and it has served me very well so far. No issues with it, aside from the gas meter not functioning properly on day 2. The dealer replaced it immediately, without any protest, as it came with a 6 month warranty.

I make it a point to change the oil every 1,000 km, as I notice it then changes gears easier.

The only thing I do not like are the tires. In China they apparently like tires with almost no thread, and which are not rounded on the sides.

For 25,000 rds it was a great buy however.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

was that factory new, belgiank??? if so, it was a VERY good price given the usual cost in the U.S. for a drop ship being about $1000 plus or minus $200 depending on model. Although, 125's are uncommon here... usually 150cc's

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

yes, factory new, with all the protective plastic still on it. Took them 2 hours to prepare it.

Was bought at Pancho's in Jarabacoa. Asking price was 30 mil, with some negotiation went down to 25 mil

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast