Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
What about "Peeing" in the street?????
CC
The brief said it had to be polite!

minerva_feliz said:
Totally legit.

Nice article for that audience.
And my submission was translated into US English - no Brit would say "fanny packs" - at least not in that context ;) - and "gussied up" was a new term to me.

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
Now I actually pushed back from my desk and got up and did a little CHeer DANCE for you

Go Chiri.. Go Chiri... GO GO GO!!!

SO glad to see you continuing to share your knowledge and love of this country with the outside world.

And PLEASE keep encouraging the tourists to COME ON OUT of their hotels....

the little town of Las Terrenas is really empty during the weeks and they have the BEST restaurants... really.. and now the hotel charges $5 a head to taxi them into the village...

WHY not have a free bus every day into the center of town? back and forth every two hours? why not?

I mean there is NO town near any of the all includeds that is not interesting and fun ....

And it will make the all included vacations so much more interesting

We can TESTIFY that the locals are friendly and welcoming...

hugs and congrats

Go Chiri! Go Chiri! Go Chiri!

Last edited:

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
lemme go kanye west about it...

for the love of god! let turistas be! what the heck is wrong with you people??!!! you wanna make HOLIDAYS just as bad as WORK!!!! turistas come here to rest and relax and not to mind their every word and step! you sure take fun out of fun!!! next thing i know is you folks say that being miserable on your holidays BUILDS CHARACTER!!!! aaaaghhhhhh!!!!!!

Last edited:

CaptnGlenn

Silver
Mar 29, 2010
Gussied up is kind of an old fashioned term... I like it!!! Congrats on the article.

The brief said it had to be polite!

And my submission was translated into US English - no Brit would say "fanny packs" - at least not in that context ;) - and "gussied up" was a new term to me.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
for the love of god! let turistas be! what the heck is wrong with you people??!!! you wanna make HOLIDAYS just as bad as WORK!!!! turistas come here to rest and relax and not to mind their every word and step! you sure take fun out of fun!!! next thing i know is you folks say that being miserable on your holidays BUILDS CHARACTER!!!! aaaaghhhhhh!!!!!!
I'll bear that in mind for my next article, dot, thanks. :)

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
When I was working here,I fallowed all the Rules.
I dressed like my boss,never even took of my suit coat!I never went out in shorts,or a short sleeved shirt.I always wore dress shoes in public.
Now,I don't work,and I'm 65 years old!
I dress like "Southern White Redneck Trash:!
I REALLY no longer care what ANYONE thinks about how I dress,or ACT!
I love my new FREEDOM!
CC

Reidy620

Bronze
Mar 30, 2008
www.casaellie.com
I'm assuming a "fanny pack" is a bum-bag to us un-initiated Brits?

Tropical Regards
Ian & Ellie
anpalmisl.gif