Looking for an extension for a DR washing machine drain pipe

The Virginian

Bronze
Mar 16, 2007
I have a friend with a Dominican Republic washing machine. Currently she tells me that she drains it into a small bowl and empties the bowl and repeats this process until the machine is empty. I noticed there seems to be no pressure for the drain line and works via gravity. She has a drain about 18 inches high in the wall next to the machine but not enough pressure or gravity to make it to the drain. I noticed a drain in the floor and suggested she get and extension and simply run it to the drain. I looked in La Sirena and DG here in POP and no luck. Any ideas where she could get and extension for the drain pipe? thanks

HumbleHindu

Jan 14, 2010
I had the same problem. Just raised the washing machine on two blocks. And now the water drains out easily.

scag

Nov 13, 2006
I have a washer and all i did was buy some pcv pipe andan an elbow to get to the drain in the floor and I attached it to the drain from the washer and with the elbow it is permantely draining in the floor drain ...it doesnt drain during the wash cycle unless you turn it on to the drain cycle so it works perfect .....

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
I have a friend with a Dominican Republic washing machine. Currently she tells me that she drains it into a small bowl and empties the bowl and repeats this process until the machine is empty. I noticed there seems to be no pressure for the drain line and works via gravity. She has a drain about 18 inches high in the wall next to the machine but not enough pressure or gravity to make it to the drain. I noticed a drain in the floor and suggested she get and extension and simply run it to the drain. I looked in La Sirena and DG here in POP and no luck. Any ideas where she could get and extension for the drain pipe? thanks

The easy fix to this problem is to buy a real washing machine with a real discharge pump built in...

The hard fix is to visit a hardware store like Ochoa or Americana and buy a few feet of flexible pipe or tubing (they have it for A/C units drainage in condos and apts in the city).