Looking for any Dominican Hair Salon in or near Sacramento area.

Jackie Ortega

Feb 2, 2012
Hi, I'm Dominican and had moved from Miami Fl about 3yrs now and been searching for Dominicans ANYTHING! lol Miss my peeps, I feel like I'm the only breed out here. :cry:
I originally come from the state of Rhode Island (between MA and NY) There's lots of Dominicans there for sure! About the salons? Well not for nothing and not just cause I'm dominican but I have to say, they are the BEST hairstylist I've seen or experienced... hands down! So, as you can see, I really, really, reaaally want to find one near me! I heard there's one in SF which I haven't ventured there yet, but seems it's the only choice. So, just wondering if anyone knows of one out here in or near Sacramento CA. Pleaseee let me know, I would so appreciate it! Oh, and also if there's any Dominican restaurants or stores... anything please let me know!:eek: lol ~Thanks! Cuidense mi gente! :)

Last edited:

knebula

Mar 6, 2012
Hi, I'm Dominican and had moved from Miami Fl about 3yrs now and been searching for Dominicans ANYTHING! lol Miss my peeps, I feel like I'm the only breed out here. :cry:
I originally come from the state of Rhode Island (between MA and NY) There's lots of Dominicans there for sure! About the salons? Well not for nothing and not just cause I'm dominican but I have to say, they are the BEST hairstylist I've seen or experienced... hands down! So, as you can see, I really, really, reaaally want to find one near me! I heard there's one in SF which I haven't ventured there yet, but seems it's the only choice. So, just wondering if anyone knows of one out here in or near Sacramento CA. Pleaseee let me know, I would so appreciate it! Oh, and also if there's any Dominican restaurants or stores... anything please let me know!:eek: lol ~Thanks! Cuidense mi gente! :)

Hey Jackie,

I live in Sacramento and moved here from Miami as well. I'm originally from Santiago de Los Caballeros and to give you a general answer, there isn't that many of us out in this area.. I was able to pull a Dominican Salon in Richmond (Salon URL). Hope this gives you an option.

Tomz

Jun 27, 2012
Hola

Hey Jackie,

I live in Sacramento and moved here from Miami as well. I'm originally from Santiago de Los Caballeros and to give you a general answer, there isn't that many of us out in this area.. I was able to pull a Dominican Salon in Richmond (Salon URL). Hope this gives you an option.

Hello my girlfriend is Dominican and she is a hairstylist. She works at Marsha Tobias Salon in Walnut Creek, CA. It's about an hour and a half from Sacramento. As far as restaurants go, we have not been able to find any authentic Dominican. The closest we found was in Bellflower, CA (LA) the owner is Dominican and the food is authentic. The name is Mama Fina.. Hope this helps

MarisolDG

Sep 21, 2012
Ayyyy no me digan eso... Yo me mudo ma?ana a Rocklin, Ca es como a 30 minutis de sacramento y yo necesito un sal?n y un restaurant dominicano URGENTE!!!

Si alguien sabe de un sal?n en esa ?rea, por favor d?jenme saber, gracias

pespinal

Jan 19, 2013
Hi I'm also Dominican and moved to Sacramento 2 years ago from Fl but have not been able to find a Dominican Hair salon near Sacramento. I've been to the salon in Richmond a couple times and that's about an hour away. I can related to what your saying because i also lived in providence, RI and their was always a salon to go to.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"WOW!" five posts about dominican hair salons, and all by first time poster.
What a coincidence!
What are the "ODDS"???
After we all get our hair done, we can have "SPAM" sandwiches!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tomz

Jun 27, 2012
Not spam!!!!!!!!

What a coincidence!
What are the "ODDS"???
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not Spam!!!!! Girlfriend really is Dominican and works in Walnut Creek at Marsha Tobias Salon!!!!

Johanna Almonte

Aug 20, 2014
Holaaaa a todas chicas!!! Al fiiin encontre dominicanos en Sacramento yujuuuu!!... Les cuento, no conozco aun no he encontrado ningun sal?n de belleza dominicano y menos un restaurante PORQUE NO HAY AQUI CHICASSS, ESTAMOS EN MEDIO DE LA NADA DE ALGO DOMINICANK AQUI , lamentablemente!!!... por otro lado, les cuento que tengo alrededor de dos a?os viviendo en el estado de California con mi esposo porque el es de aqui, ahora vivimos en sacramento hace 3 meses por su trabajo pero originalmente viviamos en San Diego, no tengo amig@s aqui y casi no conozco a nadie, tengo 24 a?os y me gustaria hacer y tener amistades, si a alguien le interesa podemos juntarnos y conocernos, Soy de Santiago De Los Caballeros yo tambien!! Cuidense y si les interesa me avisan!

RV429

Bronze
Apr 3, 2011
What a coincidence!
What are the "ODDS"???
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You have hair?? ccccccccccccccccccccc?

Etiene Ikpe

Jan 24, 2017
Hi I'm also Dominican and moved to Sacramento 2 years ago from Fl but have not been able to find a Dominican Hair salon near Sacramento. I've been to the salon in Richmond a couple times and that's about an hour away. I can related to what your saying because i also lived in providence, RI and their was always a salon to go to.

Still in Sacramento?

Jun 3, 2016
Dominican living in Sacramento, Rosevile, Marysville or Yuba Citywide

and:speechles

I like to get some Dominican people living in Sacramento, Yuba City,marysville or Roseville

I live in Yuba City CA and I never see any Dominican   I will like to meet wth Dominican living close to me

Mayra chevalier

GringoDominicano95

Feb 2, 2020
Soy Dominicano! I live around Yuba City! I was so hurt to find nothing Dominican here. No induveca, no country club - nothing. The only thing I did find was a small pack of Malta India and nothing else. Where do you go to get food? I know this was about hair and salons but I’m just a hungry Dominican (25yr) man looking for comida from my homeland. Any help, please?!? I’m desperate for anything Dominican!