buying a solar and builiding a house

amstellite

Bronze
Sep 5, 2007
would I be able to buy a plot and start building a house block by block even though I m not a resident? want to retire around the Santiago area in a few years and figured I should start now...

Nov 25, 2008
you could start building right if you wish, first build a wall, get your plans approved and start with the foundation....keep on waiting and a bar of cement from I think 220 will be 350 pesos

nas

Bronze
Jul 1, 2009
would I be able to buy a plot and start building a house block by block even though I m not a resident? want to retire around the Santiago area in a few years and figured I should start now...

This is how native Dominicans do it. Are you sure you don't have Dominican blood in you? :)

HIRAM

Mar 19, 2005

We are european, retired and building a villa near Santiago. I can send you important information if you want.
You can send me a PM or email.

Wish you the best,
Hiram.

lisagauss

Bronze
Feb 16, 2011
Start now with blocks and cement and rebar. Those are the things that increase in price monthly at least 1%. The you can do the finishes slowly.

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
Yes you can, but who's going to be watching it for you? You put up windows and leave the country...next time you're back you have no windows.

nas

Bronze
Jul 1, 2009
You could build the entire house: Cinder blocks and "empanete" ONLY.
There are many vacant homes like that.

nas

Bronze
Jul 1, 2009
Like this:

properties_view.aspx