Belgium "friture"

Jan 22, 2010
Hi,

I heard a rumour that in Cabarete they will open a Belgium"friture". Not sure how to translate it in english.
A place where they serve fries with all sort of meats

Can somebody confirm this? And if yes give a bit more details please.

T.E.

Taylor

Buy the ticket, take the ride
Jan 28, 2005
Looks like it's right across from Ocean Dream plaza - to compliment the food court of Gorditos Mexican, Yamazota Sushi and whatever the place in between them is (or is meant to be)

Taylor

Buy the ticket, take the ride
Jan 28, 2005
May as well ad in Concho Loco Dominican fare, Los Locos enfrente Grill, La Bodega (?) and the other German place .. it's becoming a proper eating place with lots of variety ~

Melja

Sep 2, 2011
Will they serve fries on a bun with mayonaise/pindasaus? I sure can't eat it but people seem to love it!

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
Will they serve fries on a bun with mayonaise/pindasaus? I sure can't eat it but people seem to love it!

you are talking about a Dutch friture then. No self-respecting Belgian would eat that crap... lol

Melja

Sep 2, 2011
he he he! LOL I lived in Brussels last year and I saw people eating this!!! Okay they were probably tourists. Otherwise I have to agree with you the Belgium kitchen is excellent!!
The Dutch mix all sauces and throw it over their fries..........(and berenhap with pindasaus)brrrrrrrrr

ramy

Dec 16, 2007
I'm Dutch and I love patat (French fries) with mayonnaise, or ketchup.
The good croquet with mustard etc.etc that is what the most Dutch people missing when the live out of the country.

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
I'm Dutch and I love patat (French fries) with mayonnaise, or ketchup.
The good croquet with mustard etc.etc that is what the most Dutch people missing when the live out of the country.

One of the few culinary treats the Dutch make... lol

I missed them as well, googled them, and now make them myself. It is not that hard, and actually one of the few items Dominican beef is good for...

For homemade croquet, and bitterballlen, pm belgiank...

Next attempt will be the goulash croquet...

Melja

Sep 2, 2011
Those "culinary" Febo treats make my bowel go crazy so I don't miss them at all..LOL I am more interested in the Elfstedentocht! :nervous:

southwardbound2

Jun 5, 2008
Have no idea what you all are talking about now.

Guess you have to have prior knowledge of this stuff cause these are not well know food names to Americans anyway.

Didn't know there were enough Dutch or Belgium visitors to support such a restaurant.......unless it's food that is more universally understood and appealing. Maybe you could explain what they are in English?