transportation from RioSan Juan to Cabarete and back

smitty99nn

Feb 6, 2012
Can anyone tell me the best way to get to Cabarete and back to Bahia Principe in San Juan to visit friends? Likewise my friends are at Allegro Puerto Plata and want to get to Cabarete and back to their resort, what is their best option?

london777

Bronze
Dec 22, 2005
Can anyone tell me the best way to get to Cabarete and back to Bahia Principe in San Juan to visit friends? Likewise my friends are at Allegro Puerto Plata and want to get to Cabarete and back to their resort, what is their best option?
First part couldn't be easier. There are frequent guaguas (in this case people-carrying vans) running from Puerto Plata to Rio San Juan and back (via Cabarete). Don't know the price but it will be very cheap. At a guess around 80 pesos (US$2) one way (though no doubt someone here can provide the exact figure). Not sure exactly where Bahia Principe is in RSJ, but if not on the guagua route I am sure a local taxi will complete the journey cheaply or, for bolder spirits, a motoconcho.

As for the second question, they can either use the same guagua to Cabarete or take a carrito publico to the end of the route in Sos?a and then another publico from the adjacent parada to Cabarete. Total cost about 80 pesos one way.