Shades Of BRAMA LIGHT....What Happened ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
Rumors on the street say that there is a shortage of brahma light for local vendors and the reason is because the Brahma Co. can make more by selling ofshore.

The recipe has changed and I have a dark version and a light version.

I have to say that every day is a new day !

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
You may enjoy a product here for days, weeks, months or years, and all of a sudden it disappears...

The reason? Well, they will give you one, but i am sure it will be a fake one...

Why would anybody off the island want to buy brahma light, when they can enjoy the Belgian beers???? ... lol

I feel for you... maybe we should get together and discuss getting some serious beers on the island...

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
Rumors on the street say that there is a shortage of brahma light for local vendors and the reason is because the Brahma Co. can make more by selling ofshore.

The recipe has changed and I have a dark version and a light version.

I have to say that every day is a new day !
All I can add is that Brahma are really screwed up. I also heard the "selling off shore" thing. A few barges per week come in and take off with 1000's of caisses. I've had to nearly beg to get some for the store.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Huh?? They still sell Brahma beer here????

The surprise to me is that there are people that "drink" Brahma beer here. YECH!..
To each his own. Maybe the shortage is because of a secret campaign by Presidente to take back market share.
Yeah, that's it.

There are three good things about Brahma beer.
- Competition in the market drives down prices on all beers
- More people drinking Brahma means there won't be a shortage of Presidente
- Actually there isn't a third thing

hammerdown

Bronze
Apr 29, 2005
I know a lot of colmado owners that don't stock Brama anymore because, when you can buy a jumbo Bohemia for the same price as a jumbo Brama lite.....well you know who wins that taste test, and so do the owners of the colmados.....plus the owners of the colmados make a little more profit on Bohemia than Brama so like they say "Its a business decision"......

ps I know how to spell Brahma, but really, who cares.....

Oh yea, I only drink Presidente, because after drinking beer from 72 different countries it's still the BEST, and I'm Canadian

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
I know a lot of colmado owners that don't stock Brama anymore because, when you can buy a jumbo Bohemia for the same price as a jumbo Brama lite.....well you know who wins that taste test, and so do the owners of the colmados.....plus the owners of the colmados make a little more profit on Bohemia than Brama so like they say "Its a business decision"......

ps I know how to spell Brahma, but really, who cares.....

Oh yea, I only drink Presidente, because after drinking beer from 72 different countries it's still the BEST, and I'm Canadian

My last choice is Bohemia. That beer sucks. Once you get to know Brahma, Presidentes don't even come close. You sure you're a real Canadian. ;)

Timotero

Bronze
Feb 25, 2011
I .....

"I'd rather have a LaBatts in front of me than a frontal labattomy!"

And I agree.....Presidente is the best beer produced in the DR.:rolleyes:

hammerdown

Bronze
Apr 29, 2005
My last choice is Bohemia. That beer sucks. Once you get to know Brahma, Presidentes don't even come close. You sure you're a real Canadian. ;)

Typical taca?o canadian.....(sorry don't have the n thingy*) .... and i guess once you get to know mule pi$$ it way better than anything else too....around here the only people that drink that mule brama pi$$ are the ones that can't afford REAL beer like Presidente....and no i don't drink Bohemia

The part about Bohemia was a fact about colmado owners here in the DR....and I know a few of them too

(*alt 0241)

Last edited by a moderator:

hammerdown

Bronze
Apr 29, 2005
Bryan I'm from Nelson, about a half hour from where they brew Kokanee beer....yes its good,

I was just back for a month and drank a few Okey-Dokey and they are not the same as Presidente....much prefer Presidente....and so does my dad, and both my brothers....

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
Oh my God... Canadians and Americans discussing the quality of beers! What is the world getting to???

Take it from a real Belgian, where, in Belgium more than 800 different kinds of beers are brewed. There is no decent beer on the island (exempting the Duvel, which is Belgian).

Presidente is OK, if very cold, and you are very thirsty.

The regular brahma is OK, if only for the same reasons as above. Why would you drink light beers? Beer is fattening, you will get a beer belly if you drink a lot of it, so live with it, enjoy it, and remember that good tools hang under a roof...:bunny:

Bohemia is watered down ****... no further comments...

You can get Heineken here, but if you believe the Dutch can make a decent beer, you should go and see a psychiatrist, or an oncologist (brain tumor). Heineken is bad in Holland, and even worse here.

You can get Stella Artois here, which is the worst Belgian beer. See comments above....

American beers are not worth discussing... sorry

I want decent Belgian Beers !!!! :D

Bobbie d

Jan 17, 2012
A, A
I have to agree with you. I lived in Germany for 6 years back in the eighties and got to sample a good many beers . Belgians make some of the finest anywhere. I used to think Canadian beer was so good until I tasted a nice pils that takes 15 mins to pour. God I still miss that beer

eurodominican

Nov 19, 2005
com
They had Heineken here for years and all of a sudden it was gone aswell. Today I saw it was back in Spermercado Nacional. Btw. they have now also German, belgium and Chech beer. So why wurry about Miller and Canadian brands if you can find the good ones here now. ;)

bryan1258

Bronze
Dec 24, 2007
Bryan I'm from Nelson, about a half hour from where they brew Kokanee beer....yes its good,

I was just back for a month and drank a few Okey-Dokey and they are not the same as Presidente....much prefer Presidente....and so does my dad, and both my brothers....

Nothing like a day of snorkel pow at Whitewater, followed by some ice cold mountain fresh in Nelson!!!!!!

hammerdown

Bronze
Apr 29, 2005
Nothing like a day of snorkel pow at Whitewater, followed by some ice cold mountain fresh in Nelson!!!!!!

now those were the days, had a pass since WH2O opened....then moved away.....best snorkeling in the world.....good beer, but preferred kootenay true ale, but now they got this kokanee gold which is quite good too.....lol....brewed right in the kootenays .....

but here presidente rules.....and for that belgian guy, go back there if you like it so much.....and that there other guy if it takes 15 min to pour a beer.......falk dude i can drink a 6 pack in that time.....

and for those that want to argue about brama....just wait till your next welfare check arrives....lol

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
Typical tocano canadian.....(sorry don't have the n thingy) .... and i guess once you get to know mule pi$$ it way better than anything else too....around here the only people that drink that mule brama pi$$ are the ones that can't afford REAL beer like Presidente....and no i don't drink Bohemia

The part about Bohemia was a fact about colmado owners here in the DR....and I know a few of them too
Dunno where you drink your beer but where I do it's the same price as **ssidente. I guess you're not a real Canadian after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.