January in Punta Cana or Boca Chica ??

M

Marinara

My wife and I are trying to decide between Punta Cana & Boca Chica for January. I guess what is most perplexing is we both enjoy a room with an ocean view for coffee in the morning and relaxing at night. Are there any resorts in Punta Cana that afford an ocean view. I know in Boca Chica the Coral Hamaca offers an ocean view but after that I'm lost. Any help would be appreciated.

Quen tenga buen dia!!

K

Kimbo

I have just returned today from Punta Cana and its only about 30mins in a boat from Boca Chica. We stayed in the Iberostar Dominicana which has 3 surrounding hotels. Nothing but seaview in the hotel as long as you specify a beach bunglow. Lovely resort very quite in the evenings if you like sitting listening to live singers (nice slow classic singing) or just nice quiet bars.

Although If you go here my advice would be to take Pesos and not dollars (only for the airport) as the hotel have to give you Pesos back in change and its a real pain for them to have to convert it each time and then work out your change in Pesos.

Kim,- hope you have a lovely time what ever you decide

J

Jim Hinsch

Re: Boca Chica to Punta Cana by boat? *PIC*

Boca Chica is 170km (about 105 miles) and about 4 hours by auto, west of Punta Cana. That must be one fast boat to make the trip in 30 minutes across the alta mar. See map below or click on the link for an enlargment.

See www.BocaChicaBeach.net/maps.html for maps all around the country and a chart of distances between various cities.

D

Doug

Re: Boca Chica to Punta Cana by boat?

Yes I thought that was kinda quick myself Jim, but have never done it so I thought better to keep quiet!