Is the Impella Heart Pump Available in the DR ...If not make sure it is !

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Mike,you do know "Spam" when you see it,Don't You?????
Money in the DR would be better spent on more conventional measures of health care.
"MUCH BETTER"!
Cris Colon
Ten years work experiance in the DR Health Care INDUSTRY!

gringostudent

Jun 20, 2005
Not sure but dont think so

I dont know if I am responding to a computer or not, but I thought it was interesting. I was in Puerto Rico 2 weeks ago at a large academc hospital, and they were talking about it. It wasnt available yet there, so I doubt it is in the DR. If I was sick enough to need one of those I wouldnt stay in the DR. They need close monotoring due to hemolysis caused by the impeller, and consequent jaundice and anemia. I wouldnt want to be the guy having to get multiple transfusions in the DR due to the anemia either.

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
Mike,you do know "Spam" when you see it,Don't You?????
Money in the DR would be better spent on more conventional measures of health care.
"MUCH BETTER"!
Cris Colon
Ten years work experiance in the DR Health Care INDUSTRY!

Don't know what you mean by SPAM as I saw this on Mad Money last night and it looks pretty good.

I am just a little concerned if I should have a heart attack I was wondering if the DR has newer technology so your chances of survival are improved or uneccesary invasive surgery could be avoided.

It was just a thought !

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
It's like having a nuclear power plant in the DR.
It SOUNDS like a great idea,till you think about who's running it!
By the way,"Gringo" you will be a good doctor someday,you know of where you speak!
CC