Insights Regarding Domestic Help and Schools

arwilliams1968

Feb 8, 2012
Greetings!

I am brand new to this site. I am a single father in my 40s and planning to move from Boston to Juan Dolio with my 8 year old son over the summer. It would be extremely helpful for me to gain some insight regarding how to go about finding quality domestic help and thoughts and experiences about the international school in Juan Dolio (Villas del Mar).

Specifically I am wondering:

1) What is the best way to go about finding a childcare provider and a housekeeper/cook?
2) What is the best way to check references for domestic help?
3) How much should I expect to pay (monthly) for a part-time childcare provider who speaks English and can occasionally work overnight?
4) How much should I expect to pay (monthly) for a housekeeper/cook (assuming 4 hour a day, 6 days a week)
5) What are some general perspectives regarding the Villas del Mar school in Juan Dolio - particularly for elementary school?

Thanks for your help! We are very excited about our pending move!

expatsooner

Bronze
Aug 7, 2004
If you already have a job lined up you can ask your employer for help with finding all the domestic help that you need. There might be someone related to one of their workers that is looking for work and since their conduct would reflect back onto the family member at your work you are more likely to hire someone that will be satisfactory.

I am sure that you and your son will enjoy the Juan Dolio area. Best of luck in this new exciting stage of your lives.