Please Help! I wanna see the cotto fight, May 5th

Robby1718

Aug 9, 2009
I will be in santiago april and may and i really wanna see the Cotto vs Mayweather pay per view Boxing event on May 5th, Any ideas where i will be able to go see it? A nice upscale Sports bar or something like that would be great. the least dangerous the better, lol. Thanks

Robby1718

Aug 9, 2009
Have you been there before, can u describe the environment for me please? any info would help, i cant seem to find a picture on th web. :)

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
To start, it is a very comfortable setting, very clean with armed guards as security at the doors. You ARE checked for weapons so don't go with one. A full bar with pretty much any drink you desire. You can place bets at the betting window. Televisions are placed about 9-10 ft above the floor on the walls wrapping the entire room. Normally no entrance fee but for the fight there may be a cover charge. Every time I have been there it has been only men watching the sports events. I have brought females in with me with no problem. The tv's play several different events at the same time, so you pick what you want to watch.....hope this helps..

B in Santiago

Robby1718

Aug 9, 2009
Thanks, it sounds good. i think what i will do is go check it out a few days before and see if i like it. thanks again

frank12

Gold
Sep 6, 2011
Yep, Wayto go is absolutely correct. Great place to watch the fight. Jimmy O'Shay is the man who runs everything at the Five Stars Sports Bars, and he's a stand-up guy. He frequents our place in Cabarete, and we too, show every pay-per-view fight on the beach--in the bar--in Cabarete. We're Jose O"Shay's.

Frank

Robby1718

Aug 9, 2009
Frank, Ive heard of jose o shays, are the tvs big enough to view clearly, do you have a picture or a link to a pic. thanks. i dont mind spending the day at the beach them catching the fight, sounds like a good time

frank12

Gold
Sep 6, 2011
Robby,

Yes, we got 7 flat screens and one large (very clear) projector tv. We're located right on the beach in Cabarete. To see our website, just go to joseoshay.com

oor click here: Jose O'Shays Irish Bar Cabarete: Welcome

PS, my name is Frank also, but i'm not related to the owners.

Frank

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
There is never any cover or admission charge at Five Star, same for Jose O'Shay's.

Robby1718

Aug 9, 2009
Do you know if five star has a website or any pictures, I can't seem to find a picture any where

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Heres hoping Cotto gives him a well deserved beating.

I am rooting for that to happen, but in reality Cotto has zero chance of winning. This will be a typical boring Mayweather unanimous decision.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
Maybe not. Cotto just has to catch up with him for a second and he is slowing down as he ages.