Bottle prices in the clubs

Bows

Feb 10, 2012
Hello everyone, I was just wondering how much it would cost to buy bottles in the Sosua nightclubs. Im coming for vacation in a few months and want to get an idea of how much i will be spending. Also how much would a beer or a cocktail cost? Thanks

Castellamonte

Bronze
Mar 3, 2005
Cabrera
www.villa-castellamonte.com
Club costs for alcoholic beverages aren't going to be the drain on your finances. It's the ladies who will drain the wallet faster than anything you can drink! Figure US $4 or less for bottled beer and hard liquor is typically 'by the drink.' A lot of places you can bring in your own bottle, tho, and no one really cares.

RV429

Bronze
Apr 3, 2011
Hello everyone, I was just wondering how much it would cost to buy bottles in the Sosua nightclubs. Im coming for vacation in a few months and want to get an idea of how much i will be spending. Also how much would a beer or a cocktail cost? Thanks

You will find the clubs offer "servico de rum" with a bottle of rum and mixer with ice. Not a lot of money, 3-400 pesos tops. A President Pequena runs 80-100 pesos depending on the club. Peso is about 39 to 1 right now. Cuba libres are cheap, under 100 mostly.

Bows

Feb 10, 2012
Club costs for alcoholic beverages aren't going to be the drain on your finances. It's the ladies who will drain the wallet faster than anything you can drink! Figure US $4 or less for bottled beer and hard liquor is typically 'by the drink.' A lot of places you can bring in your own bottle, tho, and no one really cares.

And how much does the girls charge?

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
That's not bad, in the Cap right now a good brand blue or Red Vodka on ice will set you back between RD1,100 and RD1,800 depending on the club. I would have thought Sosua would be a bit more expensive than the capital but it seems pretty even on what you've said with beer and CL's.

With the exception of Smirnoff..

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
Make sure YOU open the bottle when being served. As an ex-bartender, I can assure you that sometimes they water the bottle down or put in cheap liquor into an expensive bottle. :)

RV429

Bronze
Apr 3, 2011
That's not bad, in the Cap right now a good brand blue or Red Vodka on ice will set you back between RD1,100 and RD1,800 depending on the club. I would have thought Sosua would be a bit more expensive than the capital but it seems pretty even on what you've said with beer and CL's.

With the exception of Smirnoff..

Dog, it would be more expensive for the imported stuff, vodkas and such. The cheapest is the rum service, you get the small bottle of Brugal. I just hate that they never have diet coke.

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
Ah I stopped drinking the brugal, well, I've pretty much stopped drinking altogether because of some of my escapades while on Brugal (notice 'on' Brugal, not drinking Brugal, as in ON a drug), the stuff makes me become a bit of a dick and takes me 5 days to recover, even from a small bottle. My last experience I woke up under the bed fully clothed with the dog and so decided I'd seen the last of my Brugal days. Well, infact the Mrs kind of decided for me, thankfully, lol.

RV429

Bronze
Apr 3, 2011
Why don?t we ever have diet coke? Well, I can buy 500 ml of pepsi for 12.50 RD per bottle in 24 packs. I can buy diet pepsi for 22.00 RD pero 591 ml bottle, they don?t ever have it in the 500 ml, though it is on their list at the distributer. And coca cola is 20 RD for a 400 ml bottle and the only diet coke they have would cost me 28.00 RD for a 591 ml bottle. Try to explain to a half drunk customer why you?re charging him twice as much for a diet coke as you are charging the other guy at the table for a plain pepsi. I just say I don?t carry it. Not enuff room in the cooler.
Der Fish
Thanks for the explanation Fish. 8 pesos saved is a good short view. I always thought it wasn't carried because of the sugar adiction.
How about the longer view that by having diet soda you will attract repeat busniness from someone who likes it. When I come in to town with a few amigos to drink, if a bar has diet coke I may stop there over the one who doesn't and the reward for the proprietor is serving 5-10 more beers plus my several diet libres per visit.
Colmado Hermania near our house never would carry Barcelo (which is my preference) so when I needed some I walked or drove up to Colmado Jubi 1/2 mile away. Now when I go to the Colmado usually 6-8 kids are with me and each gets a bag of chips and I'll buy what's needed for dinner or the next meal. So for the stubborness of not carrying Barcelo Hermania lost whatever else we were buying.
Finally a few months ago she got a case of Barcelo. I didn't see Jubi that week at all and Hermania got a lot of business she wouldn't have and sold all but 3 bottles. It only took her about 5 years to realize that she needed to buy it.
Now, I tell this little story so that the long view is understood. I know every Colmado within 2 miles of the house and many carry Barcelo but only 3 carry Diet Coke so they get my custom. Or I buy it at Playero where it costs the same as regular coke. It's a small thing but I have time on my hands so I spend where they have what I want.

Jetblue Flight 811

Oct 17, 2010
when we went to classico's for a friends bday a 64 ounce bottle of grey goose and a bottle of champagne ran us about 9000 pesos(roughly near $250-$300)

Timotero

Bronze
Feb 25, 2011
when we went to classico's for a friends bday a 64 ounce bottle of grey goose and a bottle of champagne ran us about 9000 pesos(roughly near $250-$300)

WOW!!!! .....I stopped going to Classicos when they raised the price of Presidente Pequenos to 150 pesos (about $4US)...........oh well, different strokes for different folks I guess. :D

May 29, 2006
Dominican rum and beer is cheap enough, but imported top shelf booze or any imported beer is another story.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
You can get two or more people pretty schnockered on two bottles of Barcelo A?ejo + mixers for RD800 @ Rumba Bar including a healthy tip for constant ice. No bottles in the club for this kid, ughhhh Classicos!

May 29, 2006
Thanks for the explanation Fish. 8 pesos saved is a good short view. I always thought it wasn't carried because of the sugar adiction.
How about the longer view that by having diet soda you will attract repeat busniness from someone who likes it. When I come in to town with a few amigos to drink, if a bar has diet coke I may stop there over the one who doesn't and the reward for the proprietor is serving 5-10 more beers plus my several diet libres per visit.
Colmado Hermania near our house never would carry Barcelo (which is my preference) so when I needed some I walked or drove up to Colmado Jubi 1/2 mile away. Now when I go to the Colmado usually 6-8 kids are with me and each gets a bag of chips and I'll buy what's needed for dinner or the next meal. So for the stubborness of not carrying Barcelo Hermania lost whatever else we were buying.
Finally a few months ago she got a case of Barcelo. I didn't see Jubi that week at all and Hermania got a lot of business she wouldn't have and sold all but 3 bottles. It only took her about 5 years to realize that she needed to buy it.
Now, I tell this little story so that the long view is understood. I know every Colmado within 2 miles of the house and many carry Barcelo but only 3 carry Diet Coke so they get my custom. Or I buy it at Playero where it costs the same as regular coke. It's a small thing but I have time on my hands so I spend where they have what I want.

I'd say it's more than a few pesos. If someone orders just one drink with diet coke, the owner has to pop open a 28 peso bottle. If no one else asks for it, they're out for the full bottle, which prob cost more than the rum.

If you were willing to buy a full bottle of Diet Coke as a mixer(at say 50-80 pesos) and then get shots, more bars would be likely to cater to you. But a typical bar owner doesn't want to make things any more complicated than they need to in order to get the booze out.