hi, im moving to dr, how many times can i renew visa?

giga

Feb 11, 2012
hi

my name is rob,

im an italian and us citizen acountant,
i want o relocate to the dr,

i know many italians live there permanently
im just not sure how long visa will last?
how do they renew it and for how long?

can they also get to travel ovrrsea and come back?

thank yiu

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
What they are most likely doing is coming in as tourists, then when they leave for any reason, pay the small over-stay fee. When they return, they again come in as tourists. There are many people doing this.

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
Hi:

I live on the Northeast Coast, Samana Peninsula in the Town of Las Terrenas. There is a large Italian population here, also a larger French population and just about all of the European countries. Many of the restaurant and resort owners are from Italy. If you are a US citizen you can come into the DR by buying a tourist card when you arrive here. It is good for 30 days and when you leave you pay a tax if you overstay. For 90 days it might be around $30-40us. I would suggest you come visit and check out the area. A couple of web sites you can access are Noticias - Las Terrenas Live ! - Actualidades, V?deos e Informaciones de Las Terrenas en Rep?blica Dominicana. and LT7.com(local paper). As I said Las Terrenas has a mix of European, North Americans, Haitians and Dominicans. We have some of the best beaches in the country. Good luck.

S