Computer Parts

fubar387

Feb 11, 2012
Hi I'm a computer technician, tutor, trainer and web designer who has finally moved to the DR from Canada after many years of back and forth visiting with my friends living here. I'm in Juan Dolio and I wanted to know where the best place is to buy computer parts.

fubar387

Feb 11, 2012
Not really

Tambo, having problems are we.......lol

B in Santiago

No problems just wanted some advise as to where the best shops are to get stuff. I always like to support the local economy when possible and affordable. I have experience dealing in foreign countries and I find these forums are a great place to get the info I need. So do you have any recommended computer shops or did you just post to be sarcastic.

B

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
No problems just wanted some advise as to where the best shops are to get stuff. I always like to support the local economy when possible and affordable. I have experience dealing in foreign countries and I find these forums are a great place to get the info I need. So do you have any recommended computer shops or did you just post to be sarcastic.

B

Waytogo was joking about my blank post, not intending to be sarcastic to you, so chill, I gave you the largest reseller's name in SDQ, if you search on here you can find the address/number. The owner's name is Alvin, and takes care of folks that mention dr1.

Omega Tech Santo Domingo
JFK esq. Nu?ez
Banco Popular on the corner.

tambo'

Last edited:

fubar387

Feb 11, 2012
Hi tambo,

Cool, and thanks for the information. Had we been speaking face to face I would have said the same thing to you laughingly knowing your intent. I have always prided myself on being, honest, straight forward and clearly speaking what is on my mind. I certainly did not mean to offend you since I know what the lol at the end means.

I?m sick as hell today. Of all things I?ve got a cold. I started late yesterday and I?m pretty much screwed today. First thing this morning I went down to the little shop my friend has set up for me in one of her 3 travel agency offices and instead of coming back to my villa to rest as planned, I ended up trying to fix a jackpot of a computer. They had put the IDE cables into the wrong MOBO interfaces, removed the shunts of the hard drive and DVD and then pop riveted closed the side of case that allows you access to the drive bay screws. A brilliant piece of work and why am I not surprised. The 1GB memory module was also toasted, literally, but I got one from San Pedro so now I am on the hunt for a couple of shunts and some blank CD?s to burn my VLK Windows to.

I postponed my trip to Santo Domingo today but I have to get there to pick up the WAP?s, wiring, etc I need to do this villa job.

I have 2 more questions if you feel so inclined to answer them I?d appreciate it.

Question number one: Who has the best high speed service and pricing in the Juan Dolio area? I have 3 servers I have to move. I was thinking of setting up my own DNS server to run a private ISP and Intranet but I think the data rates here may not be the best for that.

Question number one: Does Omega Tech have anyone who can speak fluent English?

So I guess I?ll be packing up my equipment and supplies then shipping them here next month. It will be nice to have all the little things I need, like shunts?

B