OK Motors

DMLVT

Jan 12, 2004
Has anyone used O.K. Motors to rent a car? They are located between Sosua and Cabarete. Rates seem to be pretty good.

2thebeach

May 7, 2010
We've used them once and they were ok. Car wasn't great though...however most rental cars here aren't great! We prefer to deal with Enrique at Loty Car Rental (near City Market).

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
Hi:

I have not used OK Motors, however I dealt with Universal Car Rental in Cabarate. They are fair and their cars are good. Just make sure you check the tires as to tread quality. They are located on the left side on the street, when coming from Sosua, in a very small kiosk in the beach/business district.

S

ace

Apr 11, 2004
Yes, I use OK Motors every trip. I spend a total of 7 weeks a year during 3 trips. I've been using them for many years now. Willi the owner is a great guy and has the best employees . Don't think you can beat the full coverage that's included with the rental cost. Anyone who's driven in the DR knows full coverage is needed. When I arrive at the airport Willi or an employee is waiting for me and when it's time to leave they come to my apartment to drive me back to the airport. Their maybe smaller car rental company's that say one thing but when you need their service no one comes. I had a flat in the rain and OK Motors sent their employee right out and changed the tire. That is service. I use to rent from the airport and it was always a hassel about the insurance because tire and windshield was not covered. Ok Motors is the largest car rental company in the area with many cars to choose from. Hope this helps you .

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I do think they should consider a name change of their business to Good, Better or Great Motors.
I think that every time I go by their business. It isn't as bad as naming a car No Va, but OK Motors is
still amusing. I hope they do well. We had some clients rent from them and they were satisfied.