BTBCF donates to Bavaro Rotary

PJT of these DR1 forums met today for lunch with Rachel (Secretary) and her husband Rod and was presented with $2000 US
for various school projects in the Bavaro area

BTBCF is proud to assist the Bavaro Rotary with their projects

http://www.beyondthebeach.ca

Pictures will follow when R&R return to Canada

2n6szk.jpg

Last edited:
More donations received by the Bavaro Rotary, PJT greeted Martyne Boutot at the PUJ airport to accept her generous donations which PJT and his wife Dolores delivered to a school in the immediate area.

Thanks to Martyne and her group for the donations and PJT and Dolores for taking the time to pick them up at the airport and deliver.

BTBCF appreciates.

http://www.beyondthebeach.ca/east gallery.html

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
Is this the same school that you can visit on a tour with PC Mike (sorry not sure what the rules are about mentioning someone)? Reason I ask is that I have family and friends that are doing this tour and are bringing donations.

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
Is this the same school that you can visit on a tour with PC Mike (sorry not sure what the rules are about mentioning someone)? Reason I ask is that I have family and friends that are doing this tour and are bringing donations.

I don't think this is the same school.

Please do not take this in the wrong way. There are many schools in the area that need assistance in one form or another. Many locals and visitors open up their hearts and wallets to bring necessities to the children of these underfunded schools and this is a good thing. But, be reminded, especially for the locals, scout out the schools first and talk with the teachers about the school needs; when, where, and how; and then act upon the needs. What happens at times some schools receive too many donations, donations not practical for the student age group, multiple interruptions of class time by well meaning donors. Tourist donors coming with supplies should consult with locals they know, Hlywud, or myself, PJT, about what to bring and where to donate. The BTBCF website on Hlywud's post is a start. Donations through the website do get to the needy.

Regards,

PJT

Great post Paul,

Many times donations end up on the black market, I assure you that with PC Mike (who I know personally) this does not happen but many times the teachers, seem to forget what these donations are about (the Children), and they slip through the cracks.

Please make sure as PJT says that you check into the organizations conveying the donations, that is why we at BTBCF have chosen the Bavaro Rotary as our affililiate in the Punta Cana region.

www.beyondthebeach.ca
Respectfully.

Last edited:

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
Thank you for the information. I have had many family and friends donate this way so your posts were very informative. I will definitely provide the link above. Again thank you.

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
I agree with Hlywud. For the Punta Cana region, the Rotary Club is a very good option and you're sure the donations get to where they're most needed. PC Mike is also very trustworthy and his dedication has helped many children to date.