how much for a lechon and a ton of beers for a celebratiion?

amstellite

Bronze
Sep 5, 2007
it';s my birthday over the Semana Santa period and I will be in the Santiago area. I want to throw myself a bit of a party and invite the families I know there in the campo....I was thinking about getting a whole pig, buying ton of beers and maybe asking the ladies to do a bit of cooking for me,.. maybe get a couple of guys to strum some songs as the lights are always going out....I m bringing over a ton of solar lamps so at least we ll have light of sorts if the light does cut out early... I figured it would be nice and that way everyone gets a good feed too...Is there any cheap discount place where I can get the cheapest price on a ton of Presidentes or are they all about the same price at about 70 per bottle? In bulk will they make me a deal? any other ideas on food?? nibbles etc that the kids and other folks might like? Just a thought/// I ve had such a lovely time with the people from the campo I d love to give them all a bit of a treat..

hammerdown

Bronze
Apr 29, 2005
box of 24 grande presidente at janets in cabarete is RD$1260
you can get a roasted pig for around RD$140 per pound, not sure if thats a good price or not

LaTeacher

Bronze
May 2, 2008
I hope you're not paying $70 pesos for a "pequena" - Get the Jumbos. And La Rubia is right, talk to the colmado and get it through them.

You could buy the stuff for a huge sancocho or asopao (asopao would be cheaper) and have the ladies light a fire and cook in one of those huge pots. and if you're putting the food, you don't need to pay the ladies.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I wouldn't do it!
After the "Gran Fiesta" everyone will pick you for a "Mark".
Not only that,but getting anything organized in the DR,EXCEPT a funeral, is a fool's Errand.
Do something smaller.Do something at each person's house.Buy the "Fixin's" for that "Sanchocho".You can call the Colmado every 15 minutes for more "Ice Cold" beers.Play the "Boom=Box" at full volume,then "PRAY" that the power does go out.
"THAT's","Campo Style"
CC