gasolina or gasoil

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
Eddy, that was a "LIKE"

It would not work, and when I kept clicking it did both, sorry about that.
Forum sure is acting up lately.

D in Santiago

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
Eddy, that was a "LIKE"

It would not work, and when I kept clicking it did both, sorry about that.
Forum sure is acting up lately.

D in Santiago

I know you have mixted feelings about my posts. But I still love you. ;)

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Go diesel. Easier up keep: just change oil and filters which are easily available and you are good for over 300.000 kms on most engines...they only wear out if you don't change the oil regularly....

HB

jrjrth

Bronze
Mar 24, 2011
Hi, if it were U, would you go for a gasolina or gasoil car?
:)

~Rep Dom

There are many petrolium products and non-petro products on the market, so to be so broad as to ask "gasolina and gasoil: requires further clarification as it all depends on market availability, car type, processing, and demand. Here are a few examples:

•Liquefied Petroleum Gas (LPG, commonly known as propane)
•Compressed Natural Gas (CNG)
•Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG)
•Methanol (M85)
•Ethanol (E85)
•Biodiesel (B20)
•Electricity
•Hydrogen

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
Diesel vehicles tend to be more expensive to buy (new) and have to have slightly more frequent oil changes, but if you are doing highish mileage soon work out cheaper to run. Modern diesels aren't slow and smoky either, if they are well maintained.

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
Modern diesels aren't slow and smoky either, if they are well maintained.

I was road testing an Orion bus last night re-powered with a new Cummins turbo Diesel engine built in one half the size than the original 2004 Detroit that came in the vehicle from factory...

Danm, it drives faster than my Toyota Camry!

JJ

Rep Dom

Bronze
Dec 27, 2011
ok but there are mainly two kinds of cars: diesel and gasoline... My question is, in DR, what do you think is best to buy, diesel or gasoline??? :)

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
Gasoline or propane. The roads are so bad in the DR that your car will not last long enough for you to get the benefits of the longer lasting diesel (gasoil). You will have a car with a perfectly running diesel motor and the suspension totall worn out/ bent and or damaged. Not to mention the high likelihood of accidents. No matter how great and careful a driver you are the other guys will still run into you.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
You will get better mileage with the diesel and as long as it runs fine it will be cheaper to operate. When it does need repair the diesel engine will be much more expensive to fix. For example - price a fuel injection pump for a diesel. It breaks the bank. My opinion is that the diesel is the choice for a person doing a lot of driving over a long period of time. For the average driver the extra cost is not worth it. I like gasoline and propane combination. Gasoline for around town and propane for the open road as the most economical choice. One other advantage is that when I fill up both tanks I am able to drive a long distance without needing fuel.