Registering a birth

TravelHippo

Mar 24, 2008
Hello -

I need to register my daughter's birth at the civil registry office in the town which she was born. She was born at Centro Medico Cabarate. However, I am assuming that is actually in what they would classify as Sosua. Does anyone have a better idea of this? It will save me a trip to both offices. Also, I was wondering if anyone can tell me where the civil registry office in Sosua is located? ...Or if it isn't Sosua I should be going, where the office in Cabarete or Puerto Plata is located depending on which one of those I should be going to? Thanks so much for any help you can offer.

Also, while I am here, does anyone happen to know of someone in the Cabrera area who does legal translations into English? I need to get the baby's birth certificate translated, as well as my marriage certificate, in order to apply for her UK passport. Thanks again!

Jan 22, 2010
Oficial?a del Estado Civil de la Primera Circunscripci?n
Direcci?n: Batey de Sos?a, calle del Ayuntamiento, municipio Sos?a
Tel?fono: 809-5711390

T.E.

TravelHippo

Mar 24, 2008
Sorry to ask again and agin, but is there anyone out there in the Sosua area who could please help me with the location of the civil registry office?? I am heading that way this Friday and have no idea where to look! Thanks so much if you can help!!

Driftwood

Feb 7, 2012
Pto plata, 12 de julio street and one in Beller street. You can download the Smartform for her passport from the Embassy website, the passport will take about 6 weeks, it's pretty straight forward.