Buses from Santiago to Sousa

Sashafierc33426

Nov 9, 2011

Hello all,

I was wondering if any one know's the bus schedule for the buses leaving from Santiago to Sousa, and how much the bus cost? I know someone probably posted this answer, but I cannot find the information. I know I would have to catch a taxi from the airport to the terminal. I also do speak Spanish, so I can call the company directly, if anyone has the number?

Thank you.

Jan 17, 2009
Metro is faster and much better than Caribe Tours, but only Caribe Tours has a bus out to Sosua per hour. Both terminals are in Jarines, just a block away (in case you miss one bus and want to go to the other terminal).

Jetblue Flight 811

Oct 17, 2010
has anyone actually ever taken the Metro from santiago to sosua? I know that leaving from Sosua you transfer to another bus in Puerta Plata(the bus is usually waiting for you as soon as u arrive)......is it the same thing when going from santiago to sosua whereas you'd have to get off at PP and take the bus to sosua?

Also is it the same with Caribe Tours?

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
has anyone actually ever taken the Metro from santiago to sosua? I know that leaving from Sosua you transfer to another bus in Puerta Plata(the bus is usually waiting for you as soon as u arrive)......is it the same thing when going from santiago to sosua whereas you'd have to get off at PP and take the bus to sosua?

Caribe Tours is one bus frong STI to Sosua, not sure 'bout Metro, aks Pichardo or one of the other Orlando Or CT resident experts here!

Sashafierc33426

Nov 9, 2011
thank you all for the quick information. I will be booking my flight soon. It seems that airfare had increased a lot to POP,therefore flying to STI instead.

VJS

Bronze
Sep 19, 2010

Yes, had to change to a smaller bus on the way to Sosua when going with Metro - doesn't happen with Caribe Tours to my knowledge.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I did not know that there were buses to
Sousa!! That was the last name of one of my compadres, but
I did not know he had a bus terminal in his house...

Being picky this morning: It's S O S ? A !! Accent on the U: So Sue uh......sheesh!

HB

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
HB have another cup of coffee... you will feel better. I am already on my third cup :D.

As to the bus I actually took the Caribe tour bus yesterday. Runs every hour and cost yesterday was $160. Also remember this one does not go to Sosua proper but ends it's run in Charamicos (3 min west of Sosua proper). So you will need transport (publico, gua-qua, moto or taxi) to Sosua.
Metro does go to Sosua proper stopping at the Texaco Station. Sometimes the original bus from Santiago will go on to Sosua from Puerto Plata and sometimes they will transfer you to a large van for the final leg.

Bob K

edluv1

May 25, 2010
It depends sometimes you don't have to transfer. Last summer I took the metro from santiago to sosua and back to santiago. The bus arrived in pto plata droped off some passengers and picked up a few more. I never transferred once

anng3

Bronze
Jan 12, 2007
I only take Metro and have always stayed on the same bus from Sosua to Santiago and back. Never had to change buses in POP.

Vinyasa

Bronze
Dec 22, 2010
www.kieranbarry.com
and, of course, Metro actually drops you in el batey i.e. where you will want to be
rather than Caribe Tours which drops in el charamicos i.e. where you will not want to be

(not thats it hard to get from one to the other but will mean another means of transport to cover the mile between)

Jan 17, 2009
Metro does change buses but rarely. However, sometimes they run a van service from Sosua to Puerto Plata where you change to the big bus. I don't think is much of a big deal. I'd rather change buses than deal with Caribe Tour extra stops (schedule and unscheduled to drop and pick up friends of the driver). I also rather have a bathroom on the bus that I can actually use. Caribe Tour bathrooms are disgusting.

VJS

Bronze
Sep 19, 2010
I only take Metro and have always stayed on the same bus from Sosua to Santiago and back. Never had to change buses in POP.

it probably depends on how many passengers are left in POP to continue to Sosua - if they can fit into a small bus (capacity 10-12), they do a transfer to save on fuel, - if not, then use the same bus to Sosua.