Where to buy a Helmet?

fifilein

Mar 24, 2011
Hey Guys,

i recently bought a motorbike and prefer having a helmet.

i am aware of only one shop on sosua, its a travel agency or so which has some helmets as side business or so. they have full-face helmets, i prefer an open one, something like this:

INDIGO-HELMET-CORE-BLACK-NEW.png

any idea where i can get one, sosua? puerto plata?

thanks

HumbleHindu

Jan 14, 2010
I saw some in La Sirena open face type. But I am not satisfied with the quality. PM cobraboy, he has some helmets for sale.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Keep in mind almost 40% of crashes that involve the head affect the area around the chin and jaw. A 3/4 helmet won't protect you there.

You likely wouldn't suffer serious dain bramage from a chin/jaw injury, but you may wish you had. Not a pretty sight.

Full face is the way to go.

Driftwood

Feb 7, 2012
It is worth checking that whatever helmet you do buy is rated through whatever agency sets the ratings for helmets these days. I'm not sure that everything you could buy in DR would fit the bill, as from what is law in Europe (I don't know about the US and Canada). I had a nasty impact 30 years ago just before such laws were policed so well. The car infront of me had to emergency brake after a car pulled out infont of him on a blind junction (hidden home driveway) and I hit the back of him slamming me face first into the rear windscreen, my helmet was actually seemed down the middle and split open like a kinder egg. 9 operations later I now have more titanium in my face than your average top of the range mountain bike wheel. Just a thought when buying, check the rating is up to scratch.