Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default from san juan de la maguana to Constanza

is it possible to get from the road leading to San juan de la maguana ( number 2 I think) to Constanza by guagua but not by going back to the capitalor even Azua?> I want to keep going in the same directioon and not double back.....? like maybe passing over the mountains>>.? seems so much more interesting to try to do the route going back on myself.... just wondering,,...

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

i would have the same question, maybe someone know now, 5 years later !

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't see how. I was on highway 41 many years back and it was more like a goat path past SJ de Ocoa

Frank would know.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

I made the trip over the mountains from SJDO to Constanza...It's not for the faint of heart. Beautiful, but the "road" becomes more a path in certain parts and so muddy and deep that you'd need at least a 4x4 to cross. No buses make that trip that I know of.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

I did the drive from Constanza to Padre las casas and then on to San Juan de la Maguana. It is a rough and at times almost too narrow road for my truck. In spots I had to use the 4 X 4.
    It is some of the beautiful part of the country I have seen and the people were the nicest I have met. It was about 4 hours of bumpy driving. My brother and I were never so happy to see asphalt (and a Colmado).
    I am happy I did it but don't have any plans for a repeat trip (at least not any time soon).

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

..and if you ever make that trip over the mountains make sure you have enough gas to last you for at least a 4-5 hour drive at a snail's pace for sure. I would do it again as I love that kind of adventure, but would be a little bit more prepared next time.

8. Likes Garyexpat liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

I know of at least 3 routes through the mountains to Constanza. The simplest (and longest) by truck is to make a left after the new bridge past Padre Las Casas and go up toward Las Lagunas. This route is easily passable by truck-- they have installed concrete bridges over the largest rivers that need crossed. I was just through this route on motorcycle the end of Jan and the road was about as good as I've ever seen it.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Actually Motorcycle (Motocross type) is the way to go if you're going to do this. Unfortunately I have a fear of seeing myself splattered all over the pavement so I'd rather ride on four wheels.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

That is correct. We always ride through the mountains on motorcycle not rucks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast