para que tu sepas y no te lo vuelvo a repetir

amstellite

Bronze
Sep 5, 2007
the phrase above i hear a lot at work... but said with a smile... I can translate it as" because you should know and i m not going to tell you again" but it doesn t seem to make sense translated like that when I hear it said...the Spanish people saying it tend to laugh about it...... is there somethign I m missing..? does it have another meaning rather than the literal?

Sohrab

Oct 1, 2010
I think they say it with a smile (wide) because they are fun people, and try not to sound too mean.
"I tell you to know it (once), and don't let me to repeat".
You respond with smile (wide). "gracias! mucho obligado":laugh:

Jan 22, 2010
depend what happened if your husband or wife just caught you on cheating then you'd better don't take it with a smile LOL

T.E.

nas

Bronze
Jul 1, 2009
para que tu sepas y no te lo vuelvo a repetir.

A Dominican woman tells you this right after she instructs you how to make love to her!

"Y no te lo vuelvo a repetir" = I am going to get it from someone else. :p

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
This is probably if someone is gossiping. In other words it's kind of like "shhhh...don't tell anyone I told you that".

Sohrab: "Mucho obligado" is not a frase used in Spanish. You may be thinking Muito Obrigado (portugese). In Spanish Gracias is enough or you could say "muchas gracias" and of course "Muchisimas gracias" or "Se te or Se le agradece mucho" or even "Muy agradecido".

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
A Dominican woman tells you this right after she instructs you how to make love to her!

"Y no te lo vuelvo a repetir" = I am going to get it from someone else. :p

If she has to "instruct" you, no wonder some keep a papichulo on the side who got the manual long time ago ;)