I know what AZB was talking about

Feb 7, 2007
So I have just rooted my Nook Color into Gingerbread (CyanogenMod7) and overclocked it. It's super fast (compared to what it was like Nook) and when I get Sandisc Class 4 card (best micro sd for this) it will be even faster. I hope they release a stable mod for Honeycomb! Then it will be una maravilla Rooting Nook Color "unlocked" bluetooth which physically is there, connected and all, but completely hidden under the Barnes and Noble Nook frontface.

Now I know what AZB was talking about with his Galaxy Tab... I will most likely go sleep very late tonight.

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
I haven't seen AZB in months, looks like he got a
warning or something...

JJ

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
He got an executive position @ Apple.

2dj8955.gif
34ywuwp.gif
102s1gh.gif

Apple's Zealous Bot

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
Who you calling an idiot? Heh,heh, I agree. I like cell phones but dont understand hardly a word of rhs post. How about a translation into simple English?

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
Who you calling an idiot? Heh,heh, I agree. I like cell phones but dont understand hardly a word of rhs post. How about a translation into simple English?

Me try to translate...

Basically Rubio discovered (like many Android users) that you can take a device like the Nook Color or Amazon Kindle Fire and "root" it - meaning he unlocked it's administrative rights so now he can do anything he wants with it such as install a modified version of the system it came with. There are many versions out there. Anyone can take the source code and modify it to his/her liking, because Android is an open system and the code is free. Cyanogenmod is a group of guys who have created some of the best mods of Android and added tons of cool features. Some of these features are now being added into the next releases of Android (i.e. customizable toggles)

On top of that he's going to add additional storage space with a new Sandisc card (something you can do with Android devices as they're not sealed).

Rubio: Now that you have rooted it you can try out different ROM's. I've used Cyanogenmod on my EVO in the past and liked it, but recently I've been more on MIUI as I love all the cool little features and just this week I'm trying out the new ICS builds.

Nook Color Android Development - xda-developers

Ahhhh...the beauty of open systems. Something Apple fanboys could never experience...sorry had to throw that in there.:laugh:

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
Hahahaha...Yes Iphone's for sheeps, Android's for geeks.

images

The beauty of it is that you can just use it the way it comes if you so desire...yes "it just works" that way, but if you feel a bit adventurous you can also "root" it and unlock its full potential...oh and you can also make phone calls with it...:cheeky:

Koreano

Bronze
Jan 18, 2012
Rooting a Android phone is fun,especially when you feel your phone is showing its age by lagging or you feel crappy uninstallable apps are causing battery drain. I rooted two phones so far. Original moto droid and htc thunderbolt. Needless to say both became different phones but both didn't last. Digitizer broke on Droid and thunderbolt was bricked 4 days after it's 90 days refurbished warranty ran out. Anyway playing around with phone is fun and can be rewarding but in most case it can be a lot of headache.