A Good Deed Should Not Go Unnoticed

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
From today's Sosua News:

Bob of the Rumba Bar has donated US $ 20,000 to the Mustard Seed Foundation. The Mustard Seed Foundation (www.mustardseed.com) takes care of neglected and severely mentally and physically disabled babies and children.

This home is located in Cangrejos and currently houses 21 disabled children. The staff of the Mustard Seed home appreciated the Rumba Bar gift which will be used for daily nutrition of the children and for the costs of medical care. Bob of the Rumba Bar has also promised to enlarge the daycare for the children and improve the facilities. When it rains heavily it is almost impossible to use the daycare because of the water leaking through. It is good to know that there are still social involved entrepreneurs in Sos?a, not only in words but in deeds also.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
Wow, great charity and a wonderful caring generous guy. Nice to see care for others less fortunate. I will certainly patronize Rhumba bar over the others in Sosua.

Aug 21, 2007
I believe there are more socially active business owners than we actually know of. I have been told by some owners- after learning about the causes they support- that they prefer to remain anonymous. Sometimes when others learn that we help, it opens the flood gates of requests from those in need.

And I believe that many, many individuals also are involved in helping with local causes. At times, the support is financial, other times it is through volunteer hours. Overall, the North Coast ex-pats are, in my opinion, very generous with those less fortunate.

Lindsey