Donkey donations!

Driftwood

Feb 7, 2012
Are there any independent Donkey rescues run by Ex-pats in the country?
To cut a long one short, me and the wife 25years ago founded 'Buckaroo' donkey rescue in southern Spain. I since then started importing Kangaroo for meat to support the donkey funds (which I have now began farming independently, along with other exotic meats),we are in a crazy dispute over silly little money and have decided to donate the 20,000us to a donkey rescue. She is now in Italy and so I think the best thing to do would be split it, so I'm looking for an independent Donkey rescue centre.
Anyone have a candidate for such money?

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
Darn thought this would be about donations for the Hippo.

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
Are there any independent Donkey rescues run by Ex-pats in the country?
To cut a long one short, me and the wife 25years ago founded 'Buckaroo' donkey rescue in southern Spain. I since then started importing Kangaroo for meat to support the donkey funds (which I have now began farming independently, along with other exotic meats),we are in a crazy dispute over silly little money and have decided to donate the 20,000us to a donkey rescue. She is now in Italy and so I think the best thing to do would be split it, so I'm looking for an independent Donkey rescue centre.
Anyone have a candidate for such money?

No, but I bet there will be "some expats" willing to start one in the DR, if given the funds to run it...

LOL!!!

But in all seriousness you can contact these folks in the DR, whom can maybe provide you with a good lead on that:

SODOPRECA | Facebook

They have the will and Law with them, but not the funds...

Maybe your donation can go a long ways with them!

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
I want to take care of the horses and donkeys on the streets (I work the race kennels for 20 years). You may even know me, I am the Vet who looks after the horses outside of El Conde restaurant (when I am allowed and have the funds, I am a dwarf and they call me titch).
I'm a little guy, some say a dwarf, I say midget? who knows, tis only words!! Bit I give the animals medicine when they need it.

That's a nice thing to do and I save my Romaine lettuce leaves and throw them over the fence at the end of sosua where there are 2 horses in a sparse field surronded by garbage

Driftwood

Feb 7, 2012
It is wonderful, it is nasty when people can not abide to our reality!!

Last edited:

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
I am told that sometimes I behave like an ass... can i get the 10 grand now?

Just joking... great initiative, and maybe you should contact another DR1'er in Sosua. I forgot his name, but he recently rescued a donkey from La mulata.

Maybe some other people here can help with the name...

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
I am told that sometimes I behave like an ass... can i get the 10 grand now?

Just joking... great initiative, and maybe you should contact another DR1'er in Sosua. I forgot his name, but he recently rescued a donkey from La mulata.

Maybe some other people here can help with the name...

I think his name was Jack Astor

La Profe_1

Moderator: Daily Headline News, Travel & Tourism
Oct 15, 2003
Somewhere in that same thread, I think, is a reference to a woman who has a program that involves youth in caring for donkeys and horses. I will look later to see if I can locate more information.

Driftwood

Feb 7, 2012
The Money has gone to an animal rescue centre on the Sosua coast. I spoke with a lovely lady who seems to be doing wonderful things with Dog rescue. I think they need the help so and are actually doing it 'real profit free' unlike some we know down there, so all is wonderful!!

expatsooner

Bronze
Aug 7, 2004
That is great news - any help that can be extended to help a rescue organization is very much appreciated by everyone! Good for you. :)

Isobel

Jul 21, 2011
I rarely look at dr1, but I run a horse and donkey rescue centre on the north coast of the DR and we are desperate for funds. We are only small because of our financial situation, but if you are still serious about helping out, please look up Project Isobel, www.projectisobel.com