How to remove voice overs on Cable Del Norte

SocialZealot

Jan 11, 2012
www.socialzealot.com
Hey y'all. We used to have Claro in our building and they recently switched us to Cable Del Norte. On Claro you could press a button on the remote to remove Spanish voice overs so you could hear certain channels in English. For example Discovery Home and Health, Animal Planter, Nat Geo...basically all of my favorite channels. Now they all have Spanish voice overs and I can't seem to figure out how to remove them, if I can at all. Please help :)

Feb 7, 2007
It all depends on what version of the channel they are carrying and if they are actually modulating two audio channels into the system in their head-end.

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
See if your remote has a button labeled "audio"...on mine it's just under the red power button.

duhhh....

I just tested that with my Aster service in Santo Trafficjam. I never realized that I can toggle between English and Spanish on just about any channel where the original program is in English. :dead::knockedou:cry::laugh:

SocialZealot

Jan 11, 2012
www.socialzealot.com
Hell yea!!!!! It worked. I actually tried that button already, but it looked like it changed it from mono to stereo. Glad you said that to make me take a second look. Thanks so much!

BabyBlu

Jan 20, 2004
Cool..Any ideas how to do this on Tricom Telecable? I don't have (or see) an audio button under the power.. Thanks!

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
Cool..Any ideas how to do this on Tricom Telecable? I don't have (or see) an audio button under the power.. Thanks!

On Aster HD you press the OPTIONS button and that brings you to a menu where audio is an option.

BabyBlu

Jan 20, 2004
Thank You SZ and Celt! I do have an audio under settings and it gives me options of mono,stereo or surround...so now what? Scared to press too many buttons, don't want to reprogram or break anything which usually happens when I'm dealing with simple tech things..:bunny:

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
Thank You SZ and Celt! I do have an audio under settings and it gives me options of mono,stereo or surround...so now what? Scared to press too many buttons, don't want to reprogram or break anything which usually happens when I'm dealing with simple tech things..:bunny:

I have Aster Digital so the configuration of Cable del Norte may not be the same. On many channels when you pick the aidio option the option is obvious, English, Spanish and sometimes Portuguese. Other channels give a choice of audio1 or audio2 which can toggle English to Spanish. Sometimes there is only one choice so whatever language it is that's it.

The channels seem to reset for each program.

Check channel by channel and if it's not obvious how to switch languages it may just not be an option.

http://www.dr1.com/forums/living/97386-cable-del-norte-internet-cabarete.html