Gymnasium in PP

MuchoMacho

Feb 20, 2012
klk amigos, first time poster long time lurker - was wondering if any one knows what the best gym in Puerto Plata is? Something along the lines of Gold's Gym or Platinum Gym in Sosua. I know of American Gym, Faustad, etc but was looking for something a little more "modern". Does any body know if there's a gym somewhere in the Ocean World complex? On their website they say there's a Gym but I've never seen one. If there's a gym with squash courts it'd be a huge plus.

Thanks!

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i use costambar gym. rate is 1000 pesos a month - for members of the club, not sure about all others. there are two tennis courts, free for members, again no idea about normal price. there is also a good size pool, an onsite restaurant (fairly cheap, a meal for three with beverages is below 1000 pesos) and a spa (rather pricy).
also, there are zumba and yoga classes and now the gym offer something called "total fitness" package: private trainer, consultation with nutritionist, some spa activities and so on.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Another economical option if you have room in your home is to buy around 80-100 lbs of weights in dumbbells and do P90x or P90x and do it at home.

There are lots of advantages. One exercises can be done from 4 to 6 days a week and many can be done in less than an hour once you learn all of the exercises. If you think of how much time you lose driving to the gym this option become really attractive. It will also be easier to lose weight and keep it off and honestly one can build muscle too.

MuchoMacho

Feb 20, 2012
i use costambar gym. rate is 1000 pesos a month - for members of the club, not sure about all others. there are two tennis courts, free for members, again no idea about normal price. there is also a good size pool, an onsite restaurant (fairly cheap, a meal for three with beverages is below 1000 pesos) and a spa (rather pricy).
also, there are zumba and yoga classes and now the gym offer something called "total fitness" package: private trainer, consultation with nutritionist, some spa activities and so on.

Thanks for the info! Tennis would be a great alternative if there are no squash courts in PP.

Another economical option if you have room in your home is to buy around 80-100 lbs of weights in dumbbells and do P90x or P90x and do it at home.

There are lots of advantages. One exercises can be done from 4 to 6 days a week and many can be done in less than an hour once you learn all of the exercises. If you think of how much time you lose driving to the gym this option become really attractive. It will also be easier to lose weight and keep it off and honestly one can build muscle too.

I do appreciate the advice, but I work from home, so part of me wanting to find a gym to go to is to get out of the house. I didn't have the weights required to do P90x so I did Insanity instead and really liked the program.

MuchoMacho

Feb 20, 2012
"Thanks for the info! Tennis would be a great alternative if there are no squash courts in PP"

I don't think you will find any squash courts on the north coast, but L'Oase has a racquetball court and it is right around the corner fro the Costambar Gym
Loase Resort and Spa - Puerto Plata Dominican Republic
H

That place looks perfect, I sent them an email but haven't got a response. Might have to drive out there if I don't hear back from them. Thank you very much.