Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Thinking of using Fedx for US to DR? Think again!

Wanted to send a cell phone to a friend in Villaltagraccia.Went to Fedx office in Houston. $108 to send in their box. I could spend more if I wanted faster. Clerk said to try online as it was cheaper. To send international you have to join Fedx and set up an account. After all that the best deal I could get by going ground shipping
    was $87 using my own box. Ah, maybe UPS. After joining and setting up an account UPS did not have Villaltagrassia on their list of available citys, plus the UPS shipping office was 16 miles away. Gave up and sent it using a friends shipping service. It takes two weeks and costs about $6. How do these companies get away with these rates? They should be wearing a mask and a gun because they are certainly thieves.
    Learned my lesson.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zoomzx11 View Post
    Wanted to send a cell phone to a friend in Villaltagraccia.Went to Fedx office in Houston. $108 to send in their box. I could spend more if I wanted faster. Clerk said to try online as it was cheaper. To send international you have to join Fedx and set up an account. After all that the best deal I could get by going ground shippingwas $87 using my own box. Ah, maybe UPS. After joining and setting up an account UPS did not have Villaltagrassia on their list of available citys, plus the UPS shipping office was 16 miles away. Gave up and sent it using a friends shipping service. It takes two weeks and costs about $6. How do these companies get away with these rates? They should be wearing a mask and a gun because they are certainly thieves.
    Learned my lesson.

The ground shipping might have been a little bit of a problem........

Jet fuel, and over inflated, and urealistic profit margins would be my guess......

I like the $6.00 price from your friends shipping service, how was it shipped?...rowboat?.....and then a Mule?.....glad it worked out........

3. Likes frank12, Jetblue Flight 811 liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like they just used TransExpress, EPS or one of their other competitors to have it shipped. Using TransExpress I normally get things in the DR two days after they arrive in Florida.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

With the shipping service the phone will take about two weeks to get there. Even sending it to Miami from Houston was $10.
    I must be getting old. These seem like high prices to me. And, how can they ship it "ground" over water? Is there such a thing as a mail boat these days? Maybe we should start a service to DR members and take stuff back and forth for each other. We members cannot all be like my wife who goes down overloaded and comes back double over loaded.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

I bought a cell phone from this place in China that shipped the phone here via EPS for nothing. The phone was less than the price of shipping that they wanted from the OP.

eBay: coolbuy900

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Report back when your "Friend" in "Villa" actually gets the phone,not until then is it a "Good Deal"!
    I use "EPS",about $5 US a pound.
    CC

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think any shipping company will find villaltagracia in their system....Next time try Villa Altagracia

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

OH yee of little faith. its a typo but thank you so much for your correction.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Hehe, while you wrote it twice I thought, maybe that's what you asked...

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Here in Higuey it costs RD$155 to get a cellphone and it's here 2 days after it arrives in Miami. I have bought several phones, online and on ebay, and none has weighted more than 1 pound for the whole box with accessories.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast