How much does women hair costs in DR?

pitt

Dec 12, 2011
Weaves where i am based is very expensive, black women here tend to buy lots of weaves, as i have said on my previous thread, i want to buy something for cheap in DR and then sell where i am based (so i dont lose all my holiday money). How much does women hair costs in DR?

Where i am based, prices start at 100$ per hair (weave), in Brazil i can buy 3 for $100 (thats where my competitors buy their products), I am wondering if the DR has similar prices as in Brazil or if DR can beat Brazil's price.

Thanks

Driftwood

Feb 7, 2012
At that price I can not see much if any profit in it for you, it all depends on quality, but decent quality probably works out slightly cheaper but not much. My wife used to have them occasionally and to have them all put in would cost around RD3,750, I think that would be 3 or 4, not exactly sure.

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
I am not sure where is your here is. But in the US, most hair weaving comes from China. Asian have the business on lock down. Go to any black neighborhood and the Hair beauty supply stores are all owned by Asians (mostly Koreans).
You would have to know Hair before you would start a business, be able to recognize good quality, different type,etc...

Good luck but I have heard of Dominicans doing the other way around i.e buying hair here to sell down in the DR.

100 USD for weave is not very expensive for black women ;) It is the norm.

May 29, 2006
According to the movie, Good Hair, most weaves come from India, where women donate their hair to temples in a religious ceremony called tonsure. Kind of ironic that some of the hair is going to end up being worn by strippers...

I might have mentioned it in another one of your threads, but I think the Baba de Caracol is the stuff to buy.

I still can't get over just what white women do with their hair. Black women account for more than half of the US market for hair products. It's a multi-billion dollar industry.

Good Hair ft. Chris Rock- HD Official Trailer - YouTube

Good Hair Movie - How Much is your weave? - YouTube

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
Natural hair comes from India, but it is processed in China.

White women weave their hair for the exact same reasons black women do: they want longer, fuller or straighter hair.

Baba de corasol may be a good idea. Not sure how you wod convince a non-dominican person that snail lyme is good for their hair.

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
You can buy plastic stuff everywhere for RD200 and you will know Dominican women occasionally do not really care of the quality of goods as long as it looks like Sue Ellen (you remember dallas, JR's wife) would wear it to the pool party they will wear it.
If you are going to consider investing in quality street products to make Dosh in the Dums then keep its plastic throw away products all the way unless well connected with the kind of robbery my wife visits ( but eve then I think they must pay quite a lot for this hair if it is taken from people or horses or?????????? I really have no idea.
My wife keeps hers and has them reattached if and when, but that is because I have declared sharia law within our household to avoid arguments and will not buy sh1t (so I think her new hair cost her almost something I won't even admit online), and when I pay stupid money for something I find it odd that it is second hand, infact is it even a real persons hair or do they even have hair growing slaves these days who's only job is to grow hair in china somewhere?
I dunno, but it's weird, considering when I even mention the need for some artificial attachments for me in our relationship I'm all of a sudden a pervert! Double standards I think:alien: Women!!