Store One day sale, when you arrive the item is: "TERMINAR"

IMF Brooklyn II

Feb 16, 2004
Santiago
In the last year I have noticed the larger stores offering great prices in one day sale advertisements and when you arrive in the store and try to find the sale item there is none available. Nacional is the worst in my experieance at this but all the stores seem to be using this stratagy of late. I have had experience with this problem at La Sirena, Bravo, Plaza Lama, Jumbo, Pola and La Cadana.

With the price of fuel, and the investment of your time why would stores intice you to shop in their store and then run out of product early in the day. Does this make sense to draw in customers to then send them away disappointed or worse? :mad: Maybe it's the fact that I'm use to rain checks or offering substutions but here in the DR perish the thought of customer satisfaction.

Have any of the forum readers experienced this "TERMINAR" situation as often as I have?

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
Honest dealings do not exist here....Buyer Beware....Customer satisfaction does not exist....HERE...

B in Santiago

young seniors

Bronze
Feb 1, 2012
In the last year I have noticed the larger stores offering great prices in one day sale advertisements and when you arrive in the store and try to find the sale item there is none available. Nacional is the worst in my experieance at this but all the stores seem to be using this stratagy of late. I have had experience with this problem at La Sirena, Bravo, Plaza Lama, Jumbo, Pola and La Cadana.

With the price of fuel, and the investment of your time why would stores intice you to shop in their store and then run out of product early in the day. Does this make sense to draw in customers to then send them away disappointed or worse? :mad: Maybe it's the fact that I'm use to rain checks or offering substutions but here in the DR perish the thought of customer satisfaction.

Have any of the forum readers experienced this "TERMINAR" situation as often as I have?

hey, not only in the DR, we have that also happen where I live in ontario. its a come on to get people to come in to their stores, knowing they only have a couple of bargain items. more than not, the shopper buys something, store is happy, consumer is not. grrrrrr

CaptnGlenn

Silver
Mar 29, 2010
used to be very common in the U.S. years ago... until it was made illegal. (Thank you Ralph Nader!) Just need the Dominican equivalent of good old Ralph. (No.. I'm not holding my breath for that to happen. LOL) Until then... bait and switch will remain a viable tactic for retailers (and others).

Driftwood

Feb 7, 2012
That is sales promo, anything to get your attention, once they have that then the hard work is done.

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
An interesting twist to bait and switch here:

I was checking Plaza Lama's site on a regular basis, preparing to buy a new flat-screen. I found in most of the cases, their Solo Hoy" prices were actually more than the actual price in the store...

rice&beans

Silver
May 16, 2010
used to be very common in the U.S. years ago... until it was made illegal. (Thank you Ralph Nader!) Just need the Dominican equivalent of good old Ralph. (No.. I'm not holding my breath for that to happen. LOL) Until then... bait and switch will remain a viable tactic for retailers (and others).

Not quite, it gets a little tricky.....morally and ethically, it SHOULD BE straight up illegal. But most of the time, it's business as usual.

Def illegal in England and Wales. But safeguards, and ways around the "bait and switch"....(in the USA) have been put into place years ago.

What Is The "Bait and Switch" And When Is It Illegal? - The Consumerist

Bait-and-switch - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Car dealerships in the U S are famous for doing this.....the ad car is a common tactic, to lure someone in.