Terror Attacks in Sosua is anyone concerned with recent events in Thailand?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boogie Man

Oct 3, 2011
I was thinking about the news story of the men arrested in Thailand planning on bombing Israeli Jews in Thailand who were reported to be Arab people who accidently exploded some bombs hurting themselves before they could carry out there mission.

Now think about the Israeli Jewish Flag swinging from the flagpole on the shore of Sosua in that little city park down the street on DR Rosen above the beach. I was showing some friends the park a short time ago and we heard some guys saying something derrogatory and pointing at the flag and upset.

Well my concern is the city of Sosua has the Israeli Jewish Flag in plain sight and the Jewish Heritage Museum next to Casa Marina very publically prominent (which by the way I have been in and is very nice). Also most people probably don't even know about the Hess house on PC or the project going on there or that monument up on the hills before the luxury homes for sale by Perdomo and others to someone named Stern and others but with Jewish symbols but lets face it Sosua with its Label as a Whore Mongors Paradise gets visitors from all parts of the globe on occasion. Now personally I love all people but I have no intention of ever being within a 100 yards of that flag or that museum again after hearing some racial Anti Semetic remarks made by the men in the park.

Has this been discussed or is anyone else concerned after the Thailand incident came out a couple of weeks ago about targeting Israeli Jews??

It would be a shame if all the work of cleaning up the streets of whores and closing in businesses even though it didn't stop the prostitution epidemic in Sosua where to be overshadowed by something far worse.

pi2

Banned
Oct 12, 2011
In many countries including the UK it is strongly advised not to display a single other nation,s flag. Perhaps the DR should follow that good example. In the UK the Union Jack is the only flag that is prominent. If someone wants a Greman or Turkish restaurant, for example they are discouraged from flying that flag.
If it is flown, for example at a festival, The British flag should always have pride of place and other countries flag secondary smaller nature.
It is disappointing that Dominicans do not apply this rule; and restuaurants fly flags, make signs etc. trying to be a little xxx country.
I guess when this behavoir is exhibited anyone with a grudge has a target.

Actually I guess even the US displays this type of self-interest - for example when they wanted to open an Islamic center in New yourk.

pi2

May 29, 2006
I can't think of any other country where I've been where there the national flag is so ubiquitous as in the DR.

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
What would Jesus do?

Signed,

Saul Gomez, President Jews for Jesus, Puerta Plata Branch.

May 29, 2006
I'm also concerned that there might be some Iranian nuclear scientists wandering around. After all Sosua does attract people from all over the world.. :)

Lobo Tropical

Silver
Aug 21, 2010
Who's Afraid ?

I was thinking about the news story of the men arrested in Thailand planning on bombing Israeli Jews in Thailand who were reported to be Arab people who accidently exploded some bombs hurting themselves before they could carry out there mission.

Now think about the Israeli Jewish Flag swinging from the flagpole on the shore of Sosua in that little city park down the street on DR Rosen above the beach. I was showing some friends the park a short time ago and we heard some guys saying something derrogatory and pointing at the flag and upset.

Well my concern is the city of Sosua has the Israeli Jewish Flag in plain sight and the Jewish Heritage Museum next to Casa Marina very publically prominent (which by the way I have been in and is very nice). Also most people probably don't even know about the Hess house on PC or the project going on there or that monument up on the hills before the luxury homes for sale by Perdomo and others to someone named Stern and others but with Jewish symbols but lets face it Sosua with its Label as a Whore Mongors Paradise gets visitors from all parts of the globe on occasion. Now personally I love all people but I have no intention of ever being within a 100 yards of that flag or that museum again after hearing some racial Anti Semetic remarks made by the men in the park.

Has this been discussed or is anyone else concerned after the Thailand incident came out a couple of weeks ago about targeting Israeli Jews??

It would be a shame if all the work of cleaning up the streets of whores and closing in businesses even though it didn't stop the prostitution epidemic in Sosua where to be overshadowed by something far worse.

Who's afraid of the Boogie Man?
Self recognition is the first step to betterment.
Hope you'll be well soon! :(

Status
Not open for further replies.