New Coastal Highway to Las Terrenas

frank12

Gold
Sep 6, 2011
Maybe I should have mentioned that there are 46 curves from begining to end. Motorcycle Heaven!

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
Great video. This is probably a dumb question but from where to Las Terrenas? I am guessing that it must be a north coast road as the ocean is on the left. Suprising to see a road in the DR where the guardrails are still intact. I am always amazed to see sections of guardrail twisted like spaghetti for hundreds and hundreds of meters.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
Normally they just take off your right foot at the ankle. Its rare to slip under as you usually bounce off and crash. Still wonder ing where the road that ends in Las Terrenas starts?????

cjpatters@gmail.com

Oct 4, 2009
Looks like the start is very near El Catey....

The tollbooth (I think it will become a toolbooth) is visible on the left, just as the video begins. I was there in January and drove by a few times...

miozio

May 23, 2009
those guardrails are pretty damn dangerous for bikers. they are designed for cars, bikers can slitter below and get some horrible injuries.

Anything could be dangerous for bikers, hey look, there is a naked man jogging 100m/h on the highway. The guardrails protect you from falling off the road which could result in much worse injuries. Be safe!!

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Looks like the start is very near El Catey....

The tollbooth (I think it will become a toolbooth) is visible on the left, just as the video begins. I was there in January and drove by a few times...

The start is immediately adjacent to the el Catey entrance.
It spits you out at the gas station going into LT (Esso??) after passing by el Coson