friends in santiago

ishwri

Jul 7, 2011
moving to santiago very soon. I visited santiago but didnt see many americans or english speakers. I was wondering if theres anyone that want to meet up, hangout.

LaTeacher

Bronze
May 2, 2008
um. there are a lot of americans, canadians and europeans in santiago. if you were in the barrio you probably didn't run into any (or you did, but.. that's another type of gringo, i think).

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
Searching for friends doesn't work imo, you just end up meeting all the oddballs who have lived there a while and are still friendless, which speaks for itself. Friends will turn up, the best people you will ever meet you will stumble across, I'm alway wary of anyone who is actively looking for a friend. And I'll be honest with you, 75% of expats I've ever met in the country are morons or have an over rated idea of what people actually see when they are contemplating them. Take it easy, friends will come and go!

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
In my particular case, I lead an incredibly ritualized life. Up early, work, go to the University, teach, come back work some more, correct papers, read anything, work until 11 p.m. go to bed....over and over and over and then on Fridays I have a couple of drinks, a cigar, maybe a pizza and repeat it on Saturday!! Then on Sunday I start working again....A good, steady life. no big ups and only a couple of major downs. Family and friends know where to find me.

HB...kinda eeeeeh? today...