Easiest way to get from Las Terrenas to SDQ ?

susan77

Jan 19, 2008
Hola y'all-- I need to get from LT to SDQ to pick-up a rental car and would appreciate your help deciding if this is the best (easiest, cheapest) option:
Guagua from Las Terrenas to Caribe Tours in Sanchez to taxi stop at end of highway?
Does anyone know the guagua schedule and how much the taxi would cost??
Is there a better option?
Muchas gracias-
Susan

pi2

Banned
Oct 12, 2011
There is direct service from LT to end of highway. A moto-concho will take you to the airport. The first gagua leaves LT at 5 so plenty of time to pick up hire car in daylight and drive back.

pi2

RonS

Bronze
Oct 18, 2004
The guagua goes directly from LT to SD and will stop at the highway heading to SDQ (i would ask the driver to stop). It leaves from El Paseo. You can either get a moto-concho or taxi from there to the airport.

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
sorry... did not know if you really meant the airport....as in LAS AMERICAS

or just to pick up the rental

Of course, I love the Zona and you are going to have to stay over anyway since you would be silly to do the trip round trip in one day.. and with my plan you get a nite on the town,..

always try to plan for a nite on the town, that is good thing.....

i am a big promoter of my Fair City

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
sorry... did not know if you really meant the airport....as in LAS AMERICAS

or just to pick up the rental

Of course, I love the Zona and you are going to have to stay over anyway since you would be silly to do the trip round trip in one day.. and with my plan you get a nite on the town,..

always try to plan for a nite on the town, that is good thing.....

i am a big promoter of my Fair City

susan77 if it is just to pick up a rental you can go to Alamo/National on Maximo Gomez and Independencia. Picking up in the city will save you the airport fee. Plus with Alamo/National you can drop off at the airport without an additional fee. By coming to the city you can also make a quick stop at IKEA before you return to LT.

Juniper

Apr 15, 2004
Hi Susan: I posted this message a little while ago. I hope it helps. I think you have the taxi company's phone number. Call them once you arrive in Santo Domingo from the bus depot behind Plaza Lama.

Express bus from Santo Domingo to Las Terrenas and vice-versa
I recently took this bus to Santo Domingo with some sort of apprehension since no one really seemed to know much about it. I received all sorts of erroneous information when I was trying to find out about it, so here is the real thing:

The bus is a 38 passenger, airconditioned (no bathroom so make sure you go before you board) that takes off from El Limon at 6:30 a.m. but you have to be there 1/2 hour before.

It gets to Las Terrenas just minutes before 7:00 a.m. and leaves at 7:00 on the nose. The stop is in front of the cemetery. If you have luggage, give it to the guy to put it in the luggage compartment but make sure you get a number to retrieve it when you get off. You don't have to pay before you get on the bus, you just get on it and take a seat. The assistant will collect the money much later after you get under way. The cost is $350.00 Dominican pesos.
The bus stops at the end of the new highway when it gets to Santo Domingo where you can get off and catch a taxi to the airport.

Coming back from Santo Domingo to Las Terrenas: Calle Baraona #129. Behind Plaza Lama. If you are not familiar with that part of town, you better have someone take you there, it's like a beehive and there are mini buses all over the place. There is a small sign that says "Samana". It took us a while to find it so you better ask someone.

The bus is seating on the street and ready to go. It leaves at 1:40 p.m. right on the nose. I got there 1/2 hour early and it was already pretty full. Same thing, you don't have to buy a ticket ahead of time, just get on the bus. You can also catch the bus at 2:00 p.m. at the entrance of the new highway to Samana but you better call ahead of time and ask them to reserve you a seat. You can call 809-481-2494 or 829-986-1887.

I found that the driver was a safe driver and both he and the assistant where very conscientious of a couple of children riding alone. They helped them out of the bus and made sure they found the people that were waiting for them.

And yes, the bus does take the new Boulevard del Atlantico!

Juniper