Colegio Dominicano - thoughts?

lisagauss

Bronze
Feb 16, 2011
Anyone have any kids in Colegio Dominicano in Santiago? I received a response on cost of tuition and am very happy that it is within my budget.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I know the founders and owners very well and I respect them. I have had their graduates at the University and they have been successful. In fact, one of my favorite, all time students was from there.

Only issue is the location on the highway to Licey al Medio. That can be a 1/2 hour drive in morning traffic. In Santo Domingo that is nothing (ask Chirimoya!) but in Santiago it is considered to be "longish".

HB

lisagauss

Bronze
Feb 16, 2011
I know the founders and owners very well and I respect them. I have had their graduates at the University and they have been successful. In fact, one of my favorite, all time students was from there.

Only issue is the location on the highway to Licey al Medio. That can be a 1/2 hour drive in morning traffic. In Santo Domingo that is nothing (ask Chirimoya!) but in Santiago it is considered to be "longish".

HB

Thanks HB. I could have sworn it was located within the city of Santiago.

I tried looking through Google maps to locate it but to no avail. Is it after ferreteria Ochoa?

DIESEL1

Dec 29, 2008

I tried looking through Google maps to locate it but to no avail. Is it after ferreteria Ochoa?

Yes, it is right pass Ochoa. On the right hand side.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago

It is no more than 15 min from your house max. You need to follow c/11 from your house, cross over c/Los Rieles and go straight to the light. Turn left and then at the next light take a rt at Plaza Alpha and turn left on Carr. Don Pedro. About a mile and so later you will turn rt. and come out in front of Don Lindo which is next door.

lisagauss

Bronze
Feb 16, 2011
It is no more than 15 min from your house max. You need to follow c/11 from your house, cross over c/Los Rieles and go straight to the light. Turn left and then at the next light take a rt at Plaza Alpha and turn left on Carr. Don Pedro. About a mile and so later you will turn rt. and come out in front of Don Lindo which is next door.

Thanks Chip, I was looking and it looks to be pretty close. Even with traffic I think 10 minutes would be reasonable amount of time.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Thanks Chip, I did not know where Lisa lives, so if she is already on that side of town, it is, of course, much closer..

HB