Looking for rental agent on north coast

sayanora

Silver
Feb 22, 2012
Hi, I'm looking for a 2br apartment/villa on the north coast, preferably cabarete, within a 600-1000$ per month price range. I have had trouble finding a reliable agent even though I've made 3 trips up there from La Vega, seems like all the agents only know the same properties that are listed on the street, does anyone have a contact they can refer me to that may help me out?

KenoshaChris

Jan 4, 2002
Hi, I'm looking for a 2br apartment/villa on the north coast, preferably cabarete, within a 600-1000$ per month price range. I have had trouble finding a reliable agent even though I've made 3 trips up there from La Vega, seems like all the agents only know the same properties that are listed on the street, does anyone have a contact they can refer me to that may help me out?

Part of the problem is that there is no MLS and to this day, I don't think there are any licensing requirements, so its a free for all amongst the "agents". I see the same properties listed on different websites. I don't know how long of a lease you want but if you are in the RD for a long time, I'd just spend a month up there in a cheap place until I found another place, with oir without an agent.

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009

Good luck, and read my thread on tips to find real estate...

Come on down, get yourself a car, and start driving around...

Mind you, if you do not need fencing, Casa Linda might suit your needs

sayanora

Silver
Feb 22, 2012
Good luck, and read my thread on tips to find real estate...

Come on down, get yourself a car, and start driving around...

Mind you, if you do not need fencing, Casa Linda might suit your needs

Lowest prices I found on the Casa Linda website were 110$ per night + 16% tax.. That's quite a bit out of my price range atm unfortunately.

sayanora

Silver
Feb 22, 2012
Come to Cabarete 4a month stay in centro Cabarete in a 1 bedroom 4 350 a month and search

Yea, that's looking like the best plan.. I found a decent place but I'm a bit hesistant about it until I get a chance to look around a bit more.

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
Lowest prices I found on the Casa Linda website were 110$ per night + 16% tax.. That's quite a bit out of my price range atm unfortunately.

That is there adevertized short term rent... long term they announce they rent out at 1350$ per month. I know for a fact that there are some villas for rent for as low as 650$...

But you will have to come down and check for yourself.

rice&beans

Silver
May 16, 2010

young seniors

Bronze
Feb 1, 2012
That is there adevertized short term rent... long term they announce they rent out at 1350$ per month. I know for a fact that there are some villas for rent for as low as 650$...

But you will have to come down and check for yourself.

belgianK; can you put me on to villas for renting as low as 650.00. much appreciated.